Getting my Abt tuning tomorrow

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Tomorrow I will leave my car at my Seat dealer and they will inject the Abt chiptuning : 290 nm and 210 hp (220 and 150 standard FR):p
Will let you guys know the real world changes ...

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
The price is very high : €1399 but I get to keep full warranty also on the DSG which is only rated at 250 nm. Another advantage is the fact the work is done at my Seat dealer (very near to where I live) and should my CPU need updates of the software, the tuning wont be lost as they will reprogram the chiptuning themselves

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Also the torque is only rated at 290Nm which isn't hugely over the 250Nm limit. Sounds like a nice map!

Enjoy mate. But £1270.. WOW

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
jesus that is alot..but its a big gain and u keep ur warranty which im guessing is worth it because a year isnt the warranty worth like 300-400quid so that seems good if u have the spare cash

mr.Linatsa69

Very good choice! I hope all goes well! We expect to see your new works!

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
Cupra9.jpg

The tuning is done and I must say that I am very very pleased with it.
Before the car was already very quick but now it goes like a rocket. It goes that hard that there is some torque steer but this is easy to get used to. I can say that this car does NOT need more power so if you guys feel like chiptuning rest assured that 210 hp and 290 nm is enough. The turbo effect is more present which gives the impression of a much faster car

Dannydp

Jan 26, 2007
Have u done a 0 - 60 Does all seem ok with the DSG so far. Have fun with it :clap:

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
I have not done a 0-100 km/h but according to Abt it is 6,8 so 0-60 must be something like 6,5 seconds. DSG will be fine I am sure

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Great getting that performance gain and keeping the warranty. That's how much gain I think this car would need, too much with something so light would be too addictive for the right boot. Hehe. Only thing is price for me though. Bit too much. Nice to see someone has taken a step in the right direction in terms of gaining performance. For me I'm trying to get the looks nailed and handling in preperation for the extra performance. Still learning the power of the Boc. But the gain you have on your FR would have been definately noticeable.

Trouble is at the minute, the roads are terrible, greasy, pot holed and there's stones everywhere.

ED

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I would have thought dsg was done if it has gone from 250nM to 290nM now. Am i being dumb again? Seems to be a common problem with me hehehe

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.