glow plug relay location mk4 TDI

dubzilla

right, i'v been looking but i can't find it! it's a 2005 ibiza 1.4 TDI

obviously the first place was under the steering wheel at the relay plate but none seem to compare.

first off there are only 4 in the whole plate. in position 10 is relay 109 and next to that (position 11) is relay 53, then the other two - position 8 is relay 100, next to that in position 7 is relay 18.

my replacement glow plug relay, proper vag part from TPS says number 103, so none relate apart from the fact that relay 18 has almost similar pins and the numbers next to the pins are the same. don't know what these mean though.

so im confused. is one of the other relays (probably 100 & 18) the heater relay just a different make/number.

also is there somewhere in the engine bay with a **** load of relays im missing?

any help will appreciated, its far to cold out side!

109 is a general relay, 53 is the fuel pump i believe and 18 is extra load relay, 100 is air con, rear window etc. so clearly not the glow plug. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

dubzilla

me and my dad spent the best part of 2 hours looking today. anyone with a haynes shed some light?

Degenatron

For reference:

relay3CylPD.png

But ElsaWin can't help any more than that!

dubzilla

tried downloading ElsaWin but wont work.

TPS said that its in location 3 on the relay plate but the relay plate starts at 7 and ends at 20 or so. so theres another plate somewhere.

how is this proving to be so ****ing difficult.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members