Going back to standard suspension

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
During the summer I redid all the front and rear bushes (standard not poly) and fitted Vogtland shocks and springs (35mm).

As my daily workhorse running about London and at least 30 miles of motorway the ride has been great, but more and more I am getting totally fed up with effing speed bumps, I must have to go over at least 20 every day and every so often I forget and ground the subframe on one. The jar through the spine is nasty. And I dread getting the family in and the full load on the suspension.

Twice now I've had drivers in cars and transits getting fed up with me sneaking over the bumps and go past me. I can't blame them but it p*sses me right off.

So seriously looking at going back to standard. However I was reading a thread here about the correct set up that Willie (?) did and was something about the front end actually being higher than the rear and using upper and lower braces front and back. I know the look wont' be as good but has anyone got a clue where that thread is, yes I have searched, or even better set their car up that way?

Typical ! Just found the thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=358607&page=2

Any recommedations for springs that will lower a little like 15mm?

Last edited: