Good Day to you all :)

2PiNT/60

Jan 29, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Guys,

Big SEAT fan from Ireland have basically always driven SEAT's and change regularly. I look forward to having good chats on one of my favorite topics.

My Vehicles over the years:

2005' Audi A4 2.0TDI 140hp - Dolphin Grey (No Options)
2015' Leon 2.0TDI 150hp FR - Candy White (18" Alloy Wheels)
2016' Leon 2.0TDI 150hp FR - Emocion Red (LED Interior Lights, Alcantara)
2016' Leon 2.0TDI 150hp FR - Moonstone Silver (LED Interior Lights. Alcantara)
2017' Leon PA 2.0TDI 150hp FR - Desire Red (No Options)
2017' Ateca 2.0TDI 150hp 4Drive Xcellence - Magic Black (Black Leather)
2018' Ibiza 1.5TSI 150hp FR - Mystery Blue (18" Alloy Wheels, Full LED Headlights, 8" Media System Plus)
2018' Leon PA ST 2.0TDI 150hp FR - Mystery Blue (Black Roof Cloths, 18" Alloys, Winter Pack, Alcantara)
2019' Leon 1.5TSI 150hp DSG FR - Magnetic Tech (18" Machined Alloys, Black Roof Cloth, BeatsAudio)
2019' Leon SP 2.0TDI 150hp DSG FR - Magnetic Tech (No Options)
2020 (Current)' Leon 2.0TDI 150hp FR - Midnight Black (Matt Black Pack, BeatsAudio, Digital Cockpit)

I generally change cars each 6 months so lucky for me i get to try different things, the Leon is something I always come back to though as I think it is the best balance.

Opinion on the new Leon Mk4 - I don't think the current pictures do it enough justice. Having seen it about 4 times in the flesh now I can say I do really like it. It has a nice presence in a line of vehicles.

Chat soon everyone.
2PiNT/60

Feb 26, 2020
Herts
Hello and welcome!! I'm new to the forum myself in fact I've yet to buy my first Leon. Was about to pull the trigger just before this goddamn virus so decided to wait.

You've certainly driven loads of Leon's, I see nothing more 150 though? I'm looking at the older 1.8tsi 180ps or the newer 2.0 190ps, was there any reason you never tried these engines? Was the 150 enough for you? Also, what was your favourite colour? I think grey suits the lines of the car very well and will avoid black as I've had black cars for the last 10 years.

2PiNT/60

Jan 29, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
Hello and welcome!! I'm new to the forum myself in fact I've yet to buy my first Leon. Was about to pull the trigger just before this goddamn virus so decided to wait.

You've certainly driven loads of Leon's, I see nothing more 150 though? I'm looking at the older 1.8tsi 180ps or the newer 2.0 190ps, was there any reason you never tried these engines? Was the 150 enough for you? Also, what was your favourite colour? I think grey suits the lines of the car very well and will avoid black as I've had black cars for the last 10 years.

Hi BlackHammer, If you are new I will say welcome to you too :) Personally I find the 150hp a perfect balance of power and cost. I have driven lots of 183hp and 190hp vehicles over the time and while I really enjoyed them I didn't notice enough difference to go and spend the money for higher output. You do notice the difference for sure, but for me I found the 150hp was the sweet spot. Now that being said I am only really exposed to brand new cars that are not properly bedded in so perhaps the difference between the 150hp and the higher outputs is more noticeable then. If I was going to go higher I would probably go 190hp or wait until I had the funds for a CUPRA which is the most fun I have had in a car (both on road and on the track).

When it comes to colour it really depends on the day with me. I think this is why I have had so many different ones. Honestly my favourite is my current car which is black (with black pack so quite stealthy) but that won't work as per your message so my next favorite has to be the mystery blue. with a fresh polish and the sun shining that is such an amazing colour. The leon is good that the colour options that there are available all really suit the car quite well so you cant go too wrong.

Happy to give more opinions on the cars so please feel free to pop me any questions you might have :)

Feb 26, 2020
Herts
Thanks 2PiNT/60! Really good to get some real life opinions from an owner rather than talking to the dealers.

That's very interesting, when possible I will def try and drive the 190ps. Read a lot about the FR Sport on here and would love one but I purchase outright I don't think I can stretch that far so may well just plump for a nice facelift 1.4.

What is your experience with 17" v 17" rims. I much prefer the look of the 18" performance wheels, do they make the ride noticeably firmer in the 1.4?

2PiNT/60

Jan 29, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks 2PiNT/60! Really good to get some real life opinions from an owner rather than talking to the dealers.

That's very interesting, when possible I will def try and drive the 190ps. Read a lot about the FR Sport on here and would love one but I purchase outright I don't think I can stretch that far so may well just plump for a nice facelift 1.4.

What is your experience with 17" v 17" rims. I much prefer the look of the 18" performance wheels, do they make the ride noticeably firmer in the 1.4?

In Ireland the FRs come as standard with 18" wheels, you can upgrade to the 18" Machined but they are the same tyre as far as I know. Not knowing the 17" I can only say that the ride is firm with the 18" and you do feel a lot more of the road but not in an annoying way. I personally would rather a firmer "many consider less comfortable" ride to a softer feel. I dont think the Leon is any way too harsh even with the 18" wheels.

From what I remember the FR Sport in the UK is only a recent enough offer (could be wrong) so you would be looking at the 1.5TSI rather than the older 1.4TSI engine. I liked both engines (only lived with the 1.5TSI, drove the 1.4TSI 125hp a few times).

Feb 26, 2020
Herts
Again, it's all about getting out there and driving some with different wheel sizes. Hope to go on some extended test drives at some point.

Actually I was thinking of the older 1.4 engine as I've read so much about the kangarooing of the 1,5 tsi it has put me off and may go for a slightly older but Seat approved model.

2PiNT/60

Jan 29, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
Yeah I think so only way to really know what fits well for you.

I had the 1.5TSI Manual 150hp in the Ibiza and the 1.5TSI DSG in the Leon and I had no problems (DSG will prevent it anyway I would think). The 1.4TSI is also a nice engine I haven't had one for a long time but really nice to drive when I did have it.

It is exactly what you said though you have to try it on, so to speak to know. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise