Good News

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
I phoned the company im getting my FR from yesterday to ask if it was too late to change the car colour and he has just rang me back to say that they have been able to juggle things about so that I can have one a dealer ordered a while before mine. Thus mine will be ready earlier (mid August) :p:p:p.
Now the big question is.......do I TRY and hold out for 2 weeks extra to have it registered as a 57 plate??????? Is that at all possible when you have a new toy to play with?!?!?!

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
Ive bought it through a company called cars and finance. Not quite the cheapest company but do finance at about 6.5% so it works out a good deal. Bloke who works there is a top man and has said if I want to wait he will sort it all out for me.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I phoned the company im getting my FR from yesterday to ask if it was too late to change the car colour and he has just rang me back to say that they have been able to juggle things about so that I can have one a dealer ordered a while before mine. Thus mine will be ready earlier (mid August) :p:p:p.
Now the big question is.......do I TRY and hold out for 2 weeks extra to have it registered as a 57 plate??????? Is that at all possible when you have a new toy to play with?!?!?!

Do we get to find out what colour you chose?

Tell me it was Candy White :D

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
Thats some rate is that. Who is that through??
There is a bit of difference between 2 wks and 5 tho.
I have gone from red to yellow. My mate has a red one so I wanted to be a bit different and the missus wouldnt let me have the white so it was a compromise. The 24hr test drive car I had at the weekend was yellow so its grown on me.

Last edited:

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
This is a flat rate NOT apr.

It's through Clydedale Financial Services trading as Barclaycard Motor Finance or something. The rates just went up but as I am such a good customer of theirs they did me a deal.

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
Thats the company mine is through. My current car (Alfa 147) is financed through them too. No special rate for me tho:cry:

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
yeah hold out for the 57 plate, dont know why though its just one of them things that we are programmed to do. i suppose u do feel smuger though when youre driving around with a new plate on

we picking up our FR on saturday, we're sticking with the red (the missus dont like the white either :( )
...3 days and counting :lol:

5imonharri5

schweet schweet CANDY!
Aug 20, 2006
I'm holding out for the 57plate, you'll be glad you did when it comes to selling it. Its only a couple of weeks wait, and we're all sinking at the moment anyway, so you'll only be worried about getting it wet!

Besides, I've had a word, and its gonna be dry and sunny for the WHOLE OF SEPTEMBER.

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
it depends on the lenght of the loan but a flat rate of 4.9% is around 9.5%-10% apr, nearly all banks quote apr, most car dealers quote flat rate, it's a way of making a bad rate seem good, or deception as some might call it.

Apr you just pay interest on the amount remaining, so if you are in the last few months of paying off a 5 year loan, most of the repayments at the end repay the capital and not much of it is the interest. With flat rate you pay the interest on the initial amount, so even if you are right at the end paying the final few pounds you're still paying interest on 5k on top too.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2007
Leeds

At one point my Cupra was looking to be delayed until August (got it weekend before last) and I said to the dealer there was no way I would register a car in August.

I checked the used values and on a 2 year old Cupra R for a car with the same mileage the value between an 05 and 55 plate car was £500.

Might be worth investigating the same on an FR.

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
Makes sense to wait. Its just going to be painfull knowing my car is here and ill have to wait a bit longer to drive it. Oh well. I move work locations early September so it will keep 600 miles a week off the car between those dates.
There doesnt seem to be many second hand ones about at the minute, which can only be a good thing with regards to resale values when coming to sell on in a few years time. Wish this was the case with the Alfa!!! :cry:

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
It will be worth the wait and remember in the meantime the Leon isn't deprecitaing while the Alfa is, but with the dealer taking the hit on the Alfa depreciation...

nobba

Jul 11, 2007
Barnsley
Im going to put my Alfa on auto trader a few weeks before to see what extra I can get out from it and use the dealers offer as a last resort. Might be ablt to get an extra grand that way.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.