Gracey's Mk2 Cupra Revo Stage 2, New pics! Possible sale!

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Hey just new to the forum, from Northern Ireland so looking forward to meeting some of the NI guys at some point!

Just bought a Cupra a couple weeks ago, I was wanting a change and had looked at the older Cupra r's or else an s14 but decided to go for one of these after hearing good reports! I'm new to the whole VAG scene, have previously owned a couple of ep civics a sport and a type r for the last year and a half, bit of a change, enjoying the power and comfort!

Bought it standard with full vag history and just under 32k, going to have the car a few years so not in a mad rush to do much to it straight away..

humybaty.jpg

a6a3ase4.jpg

vydyvysy.jpg

And before I picked it up I ordered a triple r composite splitter, makes such a difference to the front which I think lacked something with just the Cupra bumper.

Also noticed that the rear wiper was dropping slightly and rubbing against the boot lid and had marked it abit so since I never use the rear wiper anyway I got the blanking plug and removed the wiper, looks nice and smooth across the back now in my opinion.

aqezy2a9.jpg

u8a8u3yd.jpg

Also fitted a parrot Bluetooth kit under the centre console cause I didn't want to change the headunit and don't have the funds atm for the multimedia unit but might buy it down the line.

avepupa4.jpg

Got a Cupra badge for the front grill and seat sport number plate surrounds and a rear pressed plate ordered and going for a small square front plate cause a normal one won't fit anymore with the badge but I do like the look of the front without a plate but bit risky with the cops...

ydydyhuh.jpg

yjezamu6.jpg

guva2yqe.jpg

huraheru.jpg

Currently..

'08 Cupra
FSH

Engine..
Revo Stage 2 map
ITG Maxogen intake
Miltek Downpipe & Sports Cat
Miltek TBE
Revo PCV Delete

Handling..
JOM Coilovers
H&R Hubcentric 15mm Rear Spacers
H&R Huncentric 10mm Front Spacers

Exterior..
Toyota Grey Alloys Respray
Triple R Front Splitter
Triple R Rear Diffuser
Personal Reg
Osram Nightbreakers
Linea R Grille
De-Wipered Rear
Stubby Aerial
Seat Cupra Sport Number Plate Surrounds
Silvatec Front Indicator Bulbs

Last edited:

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Cheers guys! Haven't updated this recently, last few weeks I ordered coilovers, hubcentric spacers and got an ITG intake, awesome noise! Fitted HIDs and I've sold my ep3 civic 2 weeks ago so got the cupra booked in at performance360 over here straight away to get the stage 1 revo map done, wow such a difference, all the hype is true, it completely changes the car! Pure animal now!
It's going in next week to get the revo pcv delete fitted, not getting any problems at the minute but thought I might aswell do it now, they're also fitting the coilovers and spacers too, really looking forward to it and I know they do a good job so counting down the days :)

y9ehuge8.jpg

Also looking at getting a new rear apron and maybe one of those dvk or something rear diffusers cause I don't plan on changing the exhausts yet..

KJS - yeah it is that one, please tell me you've no horror stories of it? :/ lol

Also does anyone know of a engine cover you can buy that will fit with the itg?

Last edited:

mk2 cupra r

Aug 14, 2013
Northern Ireland Portglenone
cars looking pretty sweet chap. you don't tend to see many yellow 1's around so it will defo stand out from the crowd :) bet the tar though is a right pain no hiding it on that paint job lol
what sort of power gains did you get from the stage 1? im a bit sceptical of remapping and stuff like that some people say its great and car is fine and others say its been a nightmare with no end of problems down the line.
im new to the whole sort of cruising scene as well not many of my mates are into cars so if I went along id be like a loner lol classic 1st day at school syndrome like lol

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Yellow 08 Leon Cupra

KJS - no it was a guy called Simon I dealt with? Think he is quite new down there?

Cheers chris had the guys fit the coilovers and spacers yesterday, done a good job and nice height, has taken abit more of the family car look of it!

After getting the coilovers and spacers fitted have it a quick clean and few quick pictures

pame3ana.jpg

a4abumyz.jpg

Pretty happy with the car however just discovered there's a broken slot on the front grill so going to have to order a new one and going to order a new rear apron and get it sprayed satin/gloss black..

Last edited:

Mikeey

Aug 28, 2013
Looks very clean and tidy mate! Agree on the massive difference the splitter makes to the front end. :)

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Well it's been a long time since I've updated this and few changes since!

Decided to go for stage 2 in December so bought a milltek downpipe with sports cat and insert mount and Performance360 got me a great price on a milltek TBE and got the Revo stage 2 map. Great power improvements and lovely noise from the exhaust system, well worth it!

hama3e3y.jpg

Got the Revo PCV fitted aswell

vyquvyda.jpg

Also fitted a linea r grille as one of my slots had cracked on the standard grille but think the linea is better looking anyway! Kept the standard Cupra black surround though as the linea one comes with like a chrome/brushed surround.

a2y3ejaz.jpg

Bought a seat multimedia headunit of mk5 gti forum, great bit of kit with the HDD and nav unit etc, only problem is not all my MFSW buttons work now which is kind of a pain.
This is the only picture I have of it but it's all coded and up and running now!

esuzyhy2.jpg

The rest of the time I've just been trying to keep the car clean in this crappy weather!

y3ajageh.jpg

ajuqymyd.jpg

y8e9ugyz.jpg

syje9yta.jpg

ygebagy8.jpg

Next few plans are...
Engine cover fitted, I've modded it to suit just need to get it on.
LED bulbs for all the inside lights just need fitted.
Engine mounts and awesome anti lift kit for end of March time.

Also thinking about a revo intake, H&R arb kit, forge quick shifter, side skirts and a wheel refurb in the next coming months but their just ideas atm!

Got a hateful clonking/creaking noise coming from passenger front coilover which I'll need to get looked at soon aswell if anyone has any ideas? Only happens when you turn the wheel?

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
I think stage 2 revo is around the 335bhp mark or so their site says but was told realistically and without an uprated intercooler 325/330! Very noticeable difference from stage 1 to stage 2 and sounds so much better with the exhaust system!

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Thanks jake it's nice when it's kept clean!

Their JOM, like a budget coilover really but can't complain about them comfort wise and there's a 2 year guarantee so hard to beat really with the crappy roads over here! DPM performance on here sell them.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members