Grants, Braintree

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Previously Johnsons - bought out very recently and I've just bought my 3rd Seat from them.

Have to be honest, the previous two times I bought a SEAT I went to them first because I live literally walking distance from the garage and found Johnsons less than helpful - bought one from Westerham in the end, and the other from a private garage.

Grants has been a totally different proposition - maybe the credit crunch/new management has totally adjusted their attitude but I found ALL the staff courteous and helpful, and I managed to push them for what I thought was a really good deal. TBH they cold called me a few weeks ago to think about a new car, and I had kinda been looking so they were quids in.

I'll report back on the after sales but very impressed with the purchase process.

cuprarstu

Jan 8, 2006
Hertfordshire
I just had my 2 year / 20,000 mile service carried out by Grants. Very impressed again, would highly recomend them. Very professional and courteous.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
I just had my 2 year / 20,000 mile service carried out by Grants. Very impressed again, would highly recomend them. Very professional and courteous.

The mechanics have been there since it was a Toyota garage most of them - very good at their job.

I've heard good things about Cheshunt SEAT - why did you choose Braintree over them if you're in Herts? (if you don't mind my asking...):confused:

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
As Johnstons Seat, they did a slap-dash job on mine once - not refitting the pollen filter... just chucked it under the scuttle panel and they didn't seem to give a toss when I complained. I only spotted it cos the cover was also sitting proud. That was back in the "Johnston" days. They also over charged me by £29 for oil on a service because they only had 1 litre pots and not a 5 litre tub. I wonder how many others have been robbed? Got the difference refunded, but I've not been back since as I lost trust in them.

mfpix

Not happy

I'm not overly pleased with Grants - thats a huge understatement [:@]

Waiting to speak with their general manager on Monday before going into detail.

I think I was wrong to give them the opportunity to service my car - I should have learnt my lesson from Johnsons previously.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Fair enough - my experience of Grants has been good, but when it was Johnsons I was repeatedly less than impressed...maybe it's not all changed for the better...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.