Greetings from Sweden

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

My first post here, though I have been reading insanely the last week.

I just bought a 6J ibiza Cupra!

I drive a mini cooper with a K1100 BMW Cylinder head. That is just for fune and sunny days.

Oc6IfFz.jpg

mdrqKIk.jpg

My old "daily is an Audi a4 quattro 20.TFSI tuned to about 280 bhp

s0Vq3Fl.jpg

That was way too thirsty for me to drive everyday to work. So I was looking for something else. I wanted a small fin car like my mini and something comfortable like the Audi but a bit kinder on fuel. I landed here!

LOm2ieL.jpg

rChjgYY.jpg

da19DmF.jpg

Bought as a quick project from a dealer. The last one (who didn't have the car vey long) has done some very poor mods on the car (pictures of the wrapped straight through exhaust to come). I also removed 30kg of active subwoofers form under the parcel shelf.

Jobs for now fit the new Milltek exhaust ordered and some other bits. I will try and make my own induction kit using the old air box.

Anyway good to be here! and thanks for the help so far!

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi and welcome. Looks a really nice ride you got there. If you plan on doing a lot of mods, you'll have to post in the readers ride section so we can follow your progress. Err, has that mini got two air intakes?

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Hi and welcome. Looks a really nice ride you got there. If you plan on doing a lot of mods, you'll have to post in the readers ride section so we can follow your progress. Err, has that mini got two air intakes?

Thanks!

I won't be doing too much.

New exhaust! Home made induction and maybe a ECU reflash using BSR (that can't wait a while)

I might raise the car as it is currently lowered on koni dampness and H&R lowering springs. at 25mm at the frond and 40mm at the rear. But we see!

I need a new head unit. I am looking at the chinese/eBay 2 din models that fit the ibiza. Any experiences?

The mini has 4 independent throttle bodies taken from the BMW bike

n6mOAH1.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I need a new head unit. I am looking at the chinese/eBay 2 din models that fit the ibiza. Any experiences?

The mini has 4 independent throttle bodies taken from the BMW bike

n6mOAH1.jpg

I'm currently toying with the idea of a new headunit myself. I've recently got a google home mini and love it, so wanted a head unit with google assistant. I was looking at the xtrons units on ebay which get pretty good reviews. Some of them come with facias as well so would just need the wiring changing over.

Wow, that's a beast! Do you do the modifications yourself?

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
I'm currently toying with the idea of a new headunit myself. I've recently got a google home mini and love it, so wanted a head unit with google assistant. I was looking at the xtrons units on ebay which get pretty good reviews. Some of them come with facias as well so would just need the wiring changing over.

Wow, that's a beast! Do you do the modifications yourself?

the xtron was what i was looking at! I am bit reluctant though as the car came with one which is broken (screen totally dead), although it seems pretty new. So that puts me off a bit. The wiring was real mess and one search had melted a little! CD player function still works, too bad I don't own any CDs any more.

Yes I modified the mini over a year, pretty happy with it now and its 130 Bhp.

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
I though I may as well post some of the abomination modifications by the last owner.

Wiring for stereo and active subs -
4sQ6DAs.jpg

2N7DcyB.jpg

N4bF6hY.jpg

"performance" filter
fv2LV20.jpg

Straight through wrapped exhaust :) - looks like 3" pipe
qbGfbup.jpg

Concept end pipe with threaded bar support
Ztym8Pm.jpg

Coopercupra

Jan 5, 2019
Cheers! Shocking huh!

I wonder how much power and torque these so called performance mods zapped.

The picture doesn't do the filter justice - its was tiny! looks like it cost a tenner.

The exhaust is a nightmare. Sounded absolutely mental. I wanted to drive around in a disguise.