GUIDE: How to change pollen filter on Leon with tech pack

Archham

Oct 28, 2018
UK
Completely agree, thank you chrisRibiza for such clear instructions - very straightforward to do. It's one of the first things I did when I got this car a few weeks back, so glad I did - the old pollen filter was a cross between a mouldy sponge and a ball of leaves.

Archham

Oct 28, 2018
UK
Can’t seem to get it to drop down fear of breaking something is it easy to drop

The plastic clips are pretty stiff, I used a thin metal ruler to get some leverage on them. Needed a bit of wiggling, but popped out after a short while.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Just done mine, very helpful guide. If you be interested to know if mine has ever been changed
ae47cb41e1212cf75ba115d0777ebd7c.jpg

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Thanks Chris, it's a case of when you know how it's easy.

Alternatively do what Marshall Seat Cambridge do and grab the middle vertical part of the moulding with plyers and force it out!

Just plastic welded the broken part back together. Obviously don't k ow about remove the CD drive trim or can't be bothered.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Thanks Chris, it's a case of when you know how it's easy.

Alternatively do what Marshall Seat Cambridge do and grab the middle vertical part of the moulding with plyers and force it out!

Just plastic welded the broken part back together. Obviously don't k ow about remove the CD drive trim or can't be bothered.

Nightmare! I originally posted this thread as it took me a few goes at working out how to get at the pollen filter. It was the CD trim that confused me!

Reactions: kevster184

Hp1

Mar 10, 2019
Thanks chrisRibiza, just done mine and guide was spot on. The only difficulty was getting the plastic cover off, those clips are very still!

Reactions: chrisRibiza
May 6, 2019
Thanks very much for this post as it is really helpful as i had no idea how to gain access and did not want to break anything. I was all for taking the whole golve box and CD/navigation out! This was so simple once shown step by step. Having gained access I then took the new filter out of the box. Only to find instructions but these would have helped they were not as clear as on this posting. Well done.

Reactions: chrisRibiza
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members