Halfords Dash Cam Installation - Nextbase Dash Cam 312GW

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hi,

I think I already know the answer to this, but here goes... Has anybody entrusted their car to halfords to fit a dash cam?

After a doing a bit of research the Nextbase Dash Cam 312GW seems to be a good choice. I am considering buying it from halfords and have noticed they will fit it for £30. Whilst I would have no objections to them fitting wipers, not sure if it extends to messing about with the electronics?

But maybe I'm wrong. If I am not can anyone recommend any decent auto electricians in the Surrey / Berkshire borders areas?

Also interested if anybody has the Nextbase Dash Cam 312GW camera?

Cheers.

Andy.

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
I took my lower trim out to attach to propper earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looie

Apr 26, 2016
Harlow, Essex
I've got the 512G and had it fitted to my Leon FR a few months ago by Halfords... Was £30 fitted and it took them about 45 mins IIRC and was a job well done... no hassle. no problems..

You can save the £30 and do it yourself, but you still need to buy the Nextbase fitting kit which is £20, so why give yourself the grief for £10?

Let them do it and sit back to watch!

Supercopa Dan

May 19, 2014
www.facebook.com
Anything vag group is easy dash cam fit. I work at Halfords as a manager but will do audio when needed. Ever fitter is different at every store so ask to speak to fitter see if he is a retard or not. Then go from there. If they know what they are on about it will be clear to trust them.

Last edited:

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Great camera and fearures

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Hi,

I think I already know the answer to this, but here goes... Has anybody entrusted their car to halfords to fit a dash cam?

After a doing a bit of research the Nextbase Dash Cam 312GW seems to be a good choice. I am considering buying it from halfords and have noticed they will fit it for £30. Whilst I would have no objections to them fitting wipers, not sure if it extends to messing about with the electronics?

But maybe I'm wrong. If I am not can anyone recommend any decent auto electricians in the Surrey / Berkshire borders areas?

Also interested if anybody has the Nextbase Dash Cam 312GW camera?

Cheers.

Andy.

YES!

I had mine fitted at Halfords. I also had my partner's installed on her Fiesta there too. I think it cost me £25 each time, and the job was done in under 20 minutes. The first time I went down I stayed with the car, and talked with the technician, out of curiosity. The second time with my partner's car I left them to it. The service is quick, courteous and professional.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members