Anyone have any experience of using Nextbase’s fitting service?

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
I can get a good deal on front and rear dashcams from Nextbase at the moment, and it’s not something I want to fit myself.

Has anyone used the Nextbase fitting service, and if so do they take the time to route all of the cabling nicely, particularly for the rear cam?

TIA.

Dec 29, 2022
Gloucestershire
I can get a good deal on front and rear dashcams from Nextbase at the moment, and it’s not something I want to fit myself.

Has anyone used the Nextbase fitting service, and if so do they take the time to route all of the cabling nicely, particularly for the rear cam?

TIA.

Hi, first post! I used nextbase fitting service when I bought one of there packages, 622W, rear cam, hard wire kit and 256 gb memory card.

They routed all of the cables for the rear view cam in the head lining, did a decent job.

They came to my home to do the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formentor John

Dec 30, 2022
Great, thanks for that, and welcome!

Mind made up, I’ll get it sorted I think.

Please can I ask those who had a next base fitted with front and rear cams if you noticed any issues with DAB radio? I have some signal issues that I didn't have before. Possible solution is to fit a ferrite core to the rear cable to eliminate.

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Please can I ask those who had a next base fitted with front and rear cams if you noticed any issues with DAB radio? I have some signal issues that I didn't have before. Possible solution is to fit a ferrite core to the rear cable to eliminate.

The Nextbase hard-wire kit comes with a ferrite core in the pack.

I’ve not had mine installed yet - two weeks time - but I’ve ordered a pack of clip-on ferrite chokes from Amazon just in case. Only a tenner.

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022

Forgot to follow up here. I talked to the fitters when they arrived. They test with a few weaker stations to confirm no interference. I offered some spare chokes I’d bought in advance, but they carry them any way. Didn’t take them long, about an hour and a half, and they did a really nice job.

I’ve had zero issues with DAB since I had front and rear fitted at the end of March.

Reactions: Seastormer
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members