retrofit external door handles with led

Feb 22, 2022
hi all, I'm studying how to retrofit my VZ; I want to replace the external handles and mount those with LEDs. from what I understand, the formentor has the same handles as the golf 8 that fitted them with LEDs as standard.

1) do you confirm it can fit golf 8 handles with code 5h1837205?

2) I should mount those equipped with kessy and LEDs at the front, only with LEDs at the rear, do you know the code?

3) do you know if the cables to power any LEDs reach the handles of the formentor or if I have to use the light cable under the external mirror?

Feb 22, 2022
installation completed on both front doors, I just have to replace the external handles with those equipped with LEDs (already in my possession) and I will do this only as soon as I complete the installation also on the rear doors and of course I will share the video😃

below is a preview of the operating simulation

JoseKaLeL

ARONA Beats Audio Edition (2019-Facelift)
Jan 8, 2020
Aguascalientes, México
hi all, I'm studying how to retrofit my VZ; I want to replace the external handles and mount those with LEDs. from what I understand, the formentor has the same handles as the golf 8 that fitted them with LEDs as standard.

1) do you confirm it can fit golf 8 handles with code 5h1837205?

2) I should mount those equipped with kessy and LEDs at the front, only with LEDs at the rear, do you know the code?

3) do you know if the cables to power any LEDs reach the handles of the formentor or if I have to use the light cable under the external mirror?
So the handle comes with the led logo already? also thanks for your project idea and for sharing the process

Feb 22, 2022
the original led handles of the golf8/id3, perfectly identical to those of the cupra formentor/Leon 4, are equipped with a led which lights up the concave area of the handle; there are also handles in the VW group which light up both the concave area and the ground but none have the logo which is usually in the light under the mirror; I'm mounting the totally original version that lights up only inside the concave area so that I'm not going to detract from the importance of the logo projected on the ground by the light under the mirrors

Attachments

• FE7823D5-D6DE-4470-BB62-6EC3A7D30772.jpeg
    FE7823D5-D6DE-4470-BB62-6EC3A7D30772.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: JoseKaLeL
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.