Has anyone here remapped an Ecomotive?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Yeah I was trying to get the dealer to do it as part of the purchase price...but no go...

What was their experience like? Did they change the wheels? Much better/poorer economy?

It took 2 weeks to get the remapped file back from revo as they hadnt done an ecomotive before (thats what i was told).

They'd already put 18s on it and a full BTCC body kit so they were well on the way to having it how they wanted.

They were impressed but we havent seen them since.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I imagine remaps put many different models up into a higher emissions category, I suspect every remapped PD130/150/160 is now pumping out more CO2 than owners are paying tax for and I would imagine many remapped petrols do too - the fact it's got an "Ecomotive" badge on doesn't make any difference....

If it meant you could buy a car that was exempt from congestion charging, then legally remap it so it's reasonably quick (assuming declared to insurers) that sounds like a plan to me :)

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
It's a bit of a daft argument really. the CO2 rating is based on a set journey in set conditions at a set speed. If you don't do that you won't get the stated CO2 emissions anyway. Drive like a loon in a standard car and and it can be worse than a sensibly driven remapped car. Put more people in it and luggage and it will go up. As people have said, a remap can improve the economy anyway.

The quote above says that the tyres are repsonsible for a 4g/km saving, so changing to more grippy tyres puts you over the 119g/km limit straight off.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
It's a bit of a daft argument really. the CO2 rating is based on a set journey in set conditions at a set speed. If you don't do that you won't get the stated CO2 emissions anyway. Drive like a loon in a standard car and and it can be worse than a sensibly driven remapped car. Put more people in it and luggage and it will go up. As people have said, a remap can improve the economy anyway.

The quote above says that the tyres are repsonsible for a 4g/km saving, so changing to more grippy tyres puts you over the 119g/km limit straight off.

the 09 facelift (S) comes with P Nero Zero's which i didnt think were that awful?

surely if its already been mapped to the best efficiency, then any other map would just reverse that.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Well she's just had her second service up at AMD and they reckon they could Revo it and up the 105 to nearer 160 brake and add 100 torques without DPF issues...to me that's an insane power increase for a few hundred quid.

Having done 20,000 trouble-free miles in her I think I'm ready for a change (and new tyres at the same time - they're due tbf).

I'm interested on the effect on gearing because, as has been pointed out, they're v. v. looooong - I can't do 50 in 5th currently without annoying grumbling noises.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.