Has the 1.4 e-Hybrid been discontinued?

Piles

Apr 11, 2022
Has the 1.4 e-Hybrid been discontinued?
Looking at the Seat website I only see the 1.0 and 1.5 phev which seem much further down on power in comparison to the 1.4 being 204 bhp and the newer variants being 110 and 150.
Why has it been discontinued has it got a issue? And I also think I'm then right in say the quickest mk4 Leon "not Cupra" is now gone?

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
Think they were having issues producing them with the whole "chip shortage" saga. I did however read that the next-gen facelifts will no longer have the 1.4 eHybrid, instead being a potential 1.5 with larger battery and electric range, but until that's confirmed we wouldn't know for sure. Could explain it though.

The Skoda Octavis vRS iV has also been removed from sale, as well as the Golf GTE "only available from stock" and the Audi A3 TFSI-e not available.

Chemical Matt

Dec 16, 2020
I think it's more than just the hybrid being cut. The range for both the hatch and estate is now only available in SE, SE Dynamic, FR and FR Sport. They've cut the Xcellence and the Xcellence lux. I think they're just getting rid of the overlap between the Seat and Cupra ranges. I just checked the Cupra website and the PHEV is still available but starts at £39K! Either that or the news reports are true and they see no future for Seat and they're focussing on Cupra instead going forward.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Seat not developing any pure EV models is kind of a conclusion on where things are going for the brand given the EU 2035 ban on IC engines.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.