Power to stereo drops when ignition on.

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
After 3 days ownership of a 2009 Leon. I've gone and left myself without any music.
Yesterday thought I would plug in the android head unit I took out of my previous car. So set about removing the factory unit. Plugged in the android, turned on the ignition, and......nothing. After a bit of head scratching I reconnected the factory unit, turned on the ignition, and.....nothing (was working just prior to removal). After a bit more head scratching. I decided to give up for the. day.
Went out to the car today armed with my multi meter. I have constant & acc power from the quad lock. And the fuses at the back of the radios are fine. I'm at a loss as to what it could be. The likelihood of both units failing at the same time is surely unlikely. And it can't be a bent pin.
Hopefully one of you has experienced the same. And can tell me it's something simple:oops:

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Some of the RNS units won't output any audio once switched on. Might be a DAB issue.

Have you tried playing something off a memory card?

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Some of the RNS units won't output any audio once switched on. Might be a DAB issue.

Have you tried playing something off a memory card?
Thanks for your reply.
It's not the one with the card reader. And as I mentioned neither this nor the Android unit are powering up. Despite power coming to the quad lock.
Seat dash.jpeg

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Had the multimeter on the quadlock again. On pin 5 (can+) with the ignition off I got 12V. With the ignition on the voltage dropped to 2V. On pin 6 (can-) voltage was 2V with the ignition off and on. There was no voltage at all on pins 3 & 4.
This, to me, seems to be the problem. I would have thought there should be 12V with the ignition on.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.