Headlight Issues

Jan 29, 2021
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice for a headlight issue I am having.

A couple of days ago the lighting fault warning light came on, followed by the check indicator and check dipped headlight. I had a look at the light and it is doing all sorts, the DRL is on but the headlights won’t work nor will the indicator. The headlight doesn’t turn or go off at the same time as the other one either. There was also a lot of condensation in the headlight. My guess is water damage to the electrics.

Ilifted the bonnet to find the cap at the back of the light had fallen off. I have only had the car (69 plate) a few months and haven’t touched the cap. I’ve not even lifted the bonnet

The car has another years warranty and I have booked it in mid next week. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of whether this is something the dealer would fix under warranty or whether they will take issue with the cap having fallen off?

Many Thanks

Tell

Staff member
I'd say dampness.

I had something similar with my old Altea... The garage mumbled about the lighting control unit... very difficult. After a few days it fixed itself so I cancelled the appointment. Never came back. That was headlights on when they were not turned off ?.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise