Heat up driver and passenger windows

Sep 7, 2022
Hello!

I live in Sweden and the autumn is here which means that the steam build up in the morning in the car comes more and more.

When I press the button for blowing air on the windshield I thought that it would come more air from the marked vents below to clear the driver and passenger windows. If I hold my hand on the vents it comes very very little air.

Is there something wrong or am I missing something?

(I have not activated the windshield/max fans in the picture, it's just for visualization)

IMG_2295.JPG

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I think the vents you marked are not for the windshielf, they are for the side windows. Windshield pushes air behind the dashboard, alongside the glass, at least that's how I remember it.

Also I would advise you to use just the button next to the lighting controls (left under the wheel) that is marked with something max - it is intended to quickly clear the moisture from the windows.

Sep 7, 2022
I think the vents you marked are not for the windshielf, they are for the side windows. Windshield pushes air behind the dashboard, alongside the glass, at least that's how I remember it.

Also I would advise you to use just the button next to the lighting controls (left under the wheel) that is marked with something max - it is intended to quickly clear the moisture from the windows.
Thanks for your response.

Maybe I was a bit unclear. I meant that I thought the marked vents would blow max speed on the side windows when I press the windshield button you referring to.

The marked vents barely blow anything at the moment when I press the windshield button.

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Thanks for your response.

Maybe I was a bit unclear. I meant that I thought the marked vents would blow max speed on the side windows when I press the windshield button you referring to.

The marked vents barely blow anything at the moment when I press the windshield button.
Ah, I understand. Not sure really. I think my work the same way as you explained but they clear the windows really quick. Didn't have any complaints.

I'll make sure to recheck.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@makkish - I don’t have a Cupra (I own a VW), but in my current and previous VW’s I’ve owned, I’ve found that those vents you’ve marked in your picture seem to do very little. In my car, I use the outer (face level) vents on the dashboard to direct the airflow towards the side windows by using the little lever in the centre of the vent grilles.

Sep 7, 2022
Ah, I understand. Not sure really. I think my work the same way as you explained but they clear the windows really quick. Didn't have any complaints.

I'll make sure to recheck.
Yeah, no issues with the windshield so that's fine. Seems a bit odd that the marked vents don't go max at the same time in my opinion.

Thank you so much!

Sep 7, 2022
@makkish - I don’t have a Cupra (I own a VW), but in my current and previous VW’s I’ve owned, I’ve found that those vents you’ve marked in your picture seem to do very little. In my car, I use the outer (face level) vents on the dashboard to direct the airflow towards the side windows by using the little lever in the centre of the vent grilles.
What you are describing is exactly the same thing I am experiencing.

That is of course an option but I't would be nice to take the windshield and side windows at the same time with one button ;)

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Yeah, no issues with the windshield so that's fine. Seems a bit odd that the marked vents don't go max at the same time in my opinion.

Thank you so much!
Maybe the system is "smart" and will switch to blowing the side windows after a while? I don't know. Could be that they prioritized windshield or maybe just a mistake in programming. Wouldn't be a first one on the car :)

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
It seems to me that modern cars have far weaker blowers than used to be the case, and even clearing the windscreen can be a pain. Side widow demisting is slow - I end either wiping the drivers side, or just buzzing the front windos down at junctions at the start of a journey, until they warm up enough to clear.

ES_Formentor

Sep 30, 2021
Are you guys using the AirCon? Have always found aircons to be good at demisting as the systems usually remove moisture from the air, I know many people turn them off, they are usually designed to run continuously these days. Cant say have ever noticed a misting issue on our car over the last year even when the wet dog is in the boot.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
My aircon is on permanently, so yes. From cold it still takes some time to clear the car tho.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.