Heated seats (learning function)

James Hindley

Dec 17, 2022
I have had a VZ3 since November ‘22 (car was 7 months old), when I first got the car I often put the heated seat on on the morning (as it was winter), there was a learning function displayed for a week or so, ever since the car has put the heated seats on for 5 mins automatically every time I get in the car. The learning function no longer comes on and auto is displayed, now it’s getting warmer weather I do not want the seat heating on every time I get in. I can see in the settings menu that you can change the auto seat heating but the ‘switch’ to turn it off is shaded out so I can’t change it (it lets me turn the passenger seat on/off)?
I do not have the app or use the profile/guest settings (info system just starts up and I don’t have to press who is driving etc. so I like it like that) - do you think it could be because I don’t have a driver profile set up???

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
Hi Jame. I have the opposite issue, so am keen to understand how this function is supposed to work. My VZ3 was new in June, didn't enable the heated seats until Oct/Nov (obviously).

Although the learning bar moves to the right every time, it just loops round and starts again. I was under the impression it was linked to the key/driver and the outside temperature.

Any advice would be useful.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
In the Heated Seat Settings menu, there's an option to reset the Drivers and (separately) the passenger learning function, so it will restart the learning process.

I used this the other day as I like to use 3 for the first 5 minutes or so, then 2 but never level 1 heating as it's next to useless but for some reason it started going from 3 to 2 to 1 which is something I never do.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I can still access the passenger reset option, even though the smart setting is disabled so sorry, no idea why yours is greyed out.

James Hindley

Dec 17, 2022
Try telling the car “heated seat on” then when it’s on go to the settings.
Tried that - no luck, option for Drivers seat heating 'Learning' is still shaded out?????

I am pretty sure it must be because I have not set up a driver profile (can you set up a profile in the Cupra App without paying the subscription - as I don't need the extra info given and the cost is too high, previous Volvo App which had just as much functionality was £36 for two years)!!!!

Reactions: jcbmally

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Tried that - no luck, option for Drivers seat heating 'Learning' is still shaded out?????

I am pretty sure it must be because I have not set up a driver profile (can you set up a profile in the Cupra App without paying the subscription - as I don't need the extra info given and the cost is too high, previous Volvo App which had just as much functionality was £36 for two years)!!!!
There's a Cupra app? 🤯

Why did someone replace all the useful dash buttons (it's taken me 3 weeks to find the 'heater app' with vents etc 🙈) with a strap on ipad and not include the Cupra app? 🤔

Obviosly I'm to old for this... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron

You can still set up a driver profile. Has the dealer “assigned” the car to you as well. It’s what they had to do with mine, they confirm you’re the owner with Cupra, profile doesn’t stop when the app subscription has expired either. The app lets you see journey stuff, lock car etc, car profile should stay as is with the car, it does with mine.

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
There's a Cupra app? 

Why did someone replace all the useful dash buttons (it's taken me 3 weeks to find the 'heater app' with vents etc ) with a strap on ipad and not include the Cupra

i was asked to download the Cupra connect app even before collecting the car and set up an account...your dealership never mentioned this to you? I was also set up before I drove off and shown the various functions of the car. There are vidoes on YouTube by Cupra that demonstrate how the infortainment system works, how to set up Cupra Connect app etc so maybe if you view them you'll discover more 

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
I bought the car 2nd hand from a CUPRA dealer.
Figured we could work out the strapon iPad as we went - I mean how hard could it be..? 🤔🤣
The car was CUPRA owned from new and has been used in some CUPRA website photoshoots so no idea about its previous CUPRA app status.

Nickfurnell

Jul 23, 2021
What app?
I've ha e the car from new for 9 months and no idea there was an App.

I just searched Google Play and found My Cupra App, but it was the wrong one. Fortunately, it directed me to Cuora Connect. I'm just working my way through registration now.

What have I been missing out on??
af1e1f2bebe79ba684a26160186a20fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
What app?
I've ha e the car from new for 9 months and no idea there was an App.

I just searched Google Play and found My Cupra App, but it was the wrong one. Fortunately, it directed me to Cuora Connect. I'm just working my way through registration now.

af1e1f2bebe79ba684a26160186a20fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Just be aware the connect app is only free for 12 months. Then it gets expensive: £119 for 1 year or £199 for 2 years. I went for the latter as I do find it useful with having a hybrid (setting departure times). Also defrosting is useful this time of year. Many folk don't bother with the app simply because of the extortionate price.

Reactions: Nickfurnell

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.

Not a huge amount, but I do use it quite often. I like to see MPG over time, and I check the amount of fuel I have left before I’m going on a long-ish journey. The Preferred Service Partner thing has never really worked for me, but I think that’s down to the dealer and not the app.

Thing I use most is adding destinations to my favourites. Navigating to contacts in the SatNav has never worked for me because of the issue with postcodes, so I What3Words addresses, then get the Lat-Long and search Maps in the Connect app, and add them to my Favourites. Sounds like a tedious process, but it’s really useful for when you need to get to a very specific place on a map. I’ve got a very specific place I park when I go to London for footy, and it’s perfect for that. Same with Gatwick, a few shopping places, and it saved my arse when I needed a very particular entrance to Wembley for a concert recently.

I use SatNav a lot - or Apple Maps - but mainly for traffic alerts rather than directions.

Reactions: Nickfurnell

EVangelist

Feb 14, 2023
Many folk don't bother with the app simply because of the extortionate price.
Like me :) I asked SEAT for a free/paid one month trial to see if I thought it worth paying for long-term - I got a blunt reply saying no, not possible.
My beloved has a Toyota and the basic online services like map updates, optional trip stats come free of charge.

tzuicomicina

Feb 14, 2023
I have the Formentor for 3 months now it still didn't learn when to turn on heated seats. Is there a way to just make it automatic based on the temperature outside?

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
There is a setting in the menu to set the seat to “on” to a set temp, mine was set to 5 degrees. Can’t recall where it was but I did that on my Formentor when I had it.

Reactions: tzuicomicina

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Only did reading the manual excerpt above did I realise the learning function only picks up use of heating level 3. I tend to use 3 until warm then drop to 2 or 1, but it never seems to 'get it' and starts on 2 or drops to 1 too soon. Found it useless and have gone back to manual (i.e. stabbing at the heater slider with the two finger salute).

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.