Hello! New owner with questions….

Nov 29, 2022
Hi all, new here having taken delivery yesterday of a new vz2 310 in desire red, love it!

I have a couple of queries that I want to contact the dealer about but would like to be ‘pre-armed’ with information and informed opinions from this community.

Firstly, do new Cupra’s come with breakdown cover? I’m new to the brand but previous cars have had this.

Second, I have read on here all about the engine cover issue and mine has arrived without one. However, I think others who’ve recently got their cars have reported that they have had one so should I be able to request it (a part number would help if yes!)?

Finally, and my biggest concern, after spending an embarrassing 5 minutes waving my foot around at the back of the car to try and get the ‘easy open’ boot feature to work I looked under the bumper only to find a large empty ‘hole’ where I assume the sensor should be! Has anyone else had a missing sensor or heard of them being missing? Is it a parts shortage issue and if so, should I be able to ‘claim’ one when available again? And in the meantime, should there be a ‘blanking panel’ to cover the ‘hole’?

All help and guidance gratefully received!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
I have the same car and same colour.

Only thing I am sure on is the engine cover, they are removing them until the parts catch up. We will be notified when the parts start arriving to reinstall them. Not had a call yet.

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
Hello and welcome

I can chip in on the hands free boot opening. The hole under bumper is a cutout for a towbar not where the sensor would be. There is a knack to it working, but not too difficult. But first you need to make sure keyless entry is enabled, it wont work otherwise and youll spend ages waving your foot around like an idiot - ask me how i know.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
Pretty sure you get two years breakdown cover. I have additional cover through my wife’s work, so haven’t really bothered looking into it in detail. My mk3 Leon definitely had two years when I bought it new in 2018.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Hi all, new here having taken delivery yesterday of a new vz2 310 in desire red, love it!

I have a couple of queries that I want to contact the dealer about but would like to be ‘pre-armed’ with information and informed opinions from this community.

Firstly, do new Cupra’s come with breakdown cover? I’m new to the brand but previous cars have had this.

Second, I have read on here all about the engine cover issue and mine has arrived without one. However, I think others who’ve recently got their cars have reported that they have had one so should I be able to request it (a part number would help if yes!)?

Finally, and my biggest concern, after spending an embarrassing 5 minutes waving my foot around at the back of the car to try and get the ‘easy open’ boot feature to work I looked under the bumper only to find a large empty ‘hole’ where I assume the sensor should be! Has anyone else had a missing sensor or heard of them being missing? Is it a parts shortage issue and if so, should I be able to ‘claim’ one when available again? And in the meantime, should there be a ‘blanking panel’ to cover the ‘hole’?

2 years warranty and breakdown, but you get 12 months roadside assistance if you get the car serviced at Cupra (or Seat too I assume).

Don't know about engine cover, have barely lifted the bonnet on mine as that covers the engine enough for me. :)

Keyless boot opening: if the doors are keyless then the boot should work too, if it's fitted - weren't they dropping this from the spec or making it an option (with subsequent delays) due to the chip shortage? If you do have it, it works quite well (better than my old Discovery Sport anyway), a slowish kick towards the front of the car at the centre of the rear bumper does the trick.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021

I picked my VZ2 up in March, Rich, and love it. It came with breakdown cover provided by Cupra. Might be worth calling the SEAT Driver line on 0330 100 8910 to che k as you may have to register, I can't remember.
Adding to everyone's comments on the keyless boot, I spent much time doing the hokey cokey in Tesco's car park before mastering it. Basically, stick your foot under where the year is on the number plate, then withdraw it, not too quickly. Works every time now. Good luck, and enjoy the car!

Nov 29, 2022
Thanks all, will have to try the boot again (when no one’s looking!) but good to know that the ‘hole’ is normal.

Reactions: dazed
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.