Hello, newbie here.....

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Hello everyone, I'm Steve and am new to the forum and also new to Seat. This is the first VAG group car I've owned in over 30 years of driving mainly Fords and a couple of Vauxhalls.

My beloved Mondeo ST that I'd owned for six years and covered 91,000 relatively trouble free miles in sadly died in a big cloud of smoke earlier in the month. So I went out and bought a lovely 2016 Leon FR 184 TDI ST.

Must admit I was very surprised at the build quality, expecting the Seats to be almost kinda like the "budget" end of the VW Audi brand - but I can't fault it. Absolutely love it so far. Here's hoping I'll still be saying that in a few years time :)

I'll probably have some daft questions to ask over the coming weeks I'm sure as I get used to a new marque, so please be patient with me :D

Pipster 59

May 23, 2020
Essex
Hello everyone, I'm Steve and am new to the forum and also new to Seat. This is the first VAG group car I've owned in over 30 years of driving mainly Fords and a couple of Vauxhalls.

My beloved Mondeo ST that I'd owned for six years and covered 91,000 relatively trouble free miles in sadly died in a big cloud of smoke earlier in the month. So I went out and bought a lovely 2016 Leon FR 184 TDI ST.

Must admit I was very surprised at the build quality, expecting the Seats to be almost kinda like the "budget" end of the VW Audi brand - but I can't fault it. Absolutely love it so far. Here's hoping I'll still be saying that in a few years time :)

I'll probably have some daft questions to ask over the coming weeks I'm sure as I get used to a new marque, so please be patient with me :D

Welcome Steve.

Reactions: SteveW

simmouk

Jul 1, 2020
Coventry
Welcome Steve!

I did the window thing too over the weekend - well, I didn't do it by accident, but I stumbled upon a thread on here that said holding the unlock/lock button would lower/raise the windows... now I do it on purpose :)

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Welcome Steve nice to see another ford guy on here.
To be fair, I was planning on keeping the Mondeo another couple of years actually and saving a bit more so I could have replaced it with a Focus ST estate. But when the engine failed earlier in the month (holes in two pistons! apparently a common fault in high mileage Transits too, which have the same engine as my Mondeo did) I needed to replace it and the Leon just seemed to fit the bill nicely and seems to be so much better value cost wise than the Focus ST or an Octavia vRS.

I'm glad I took a punt on the Seat though, definitely no regrets so far, although I only bought it two weeks ago today :)

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
You can’t go wrong mate I honestly love seat they are such a understated brand. I’ve always said that best vag parts end up on seats in the cupra range.

SteveW

Jul 1, 2020
Salisbury, Wiltshire
You can’t go wrong mate I honestly love seat they are such a understated brand. I’ve always said that best vag parts end up on seats in the cupra range.
I may end up regretting buying the diesel though, given that at the moment I'm working from home and not looking to be going back to working actually "at work" possibly at all this year. If I end up being permanently based at home, I could have bought a Cupra ST instead :D

But I'm sure I will end up going back to the office at some point, so couldn't then really justify not having a diesel given that I'd be doing around 16,000 miles a year!

It's a great feature as you walk towards your car that has been parked in the sun all day!
Yeah, not had chance to try that really in the couple of weeks I've owned it - it's rained most days after all the hot weather we've had through lockdown! :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.