Hello there!

Lancastrian84

May 2, 2020
Joined up a few months ago with the intention of receiving a lease hire Cupra 290, it never materialised. Dates kept getting pushed back, March became April, April became June etc until they finally said August.
I gave up, told them to cancel the order and take my 1.0 Focus back.
So after much shopping around I picked up a 2016 Cupra last Friday.
Genuinely louder and faster than I'd expected but coming from a 3 cylinder Focus I guess I underestimated the Leon

All these months reading the forum meant I was well prepared for minor mods when the time came.
New 3D plates, recoded a lot of little bits here and there with the help of a knowledgeable friend, painted the badges with the help of the boot trim and badge removal guide (didn't bother removing the front as shown in the Covid approved face mask pic) and also bought a Chipex colour coded kit to mask the age related pock marks and one glaring scratch.
All recommended on previous posts on this forum.
Spent 3hrs last night washing and preparing for today's shoulder killing polishing adventure.
(Good god the shoulder pain)
Seventy three bucket safe wash etc etc etc

Fine cut all over, heavy cut on a few bad areas, polished, sealed and waxed. SiO2 sealant on all glass.
I'm still on the lookout for a black front lip/low profile splitter and a rear wiper delete bung.

Thank you all for your input that I've pondered over and taken on board, this forum has a heap of knowledge to search.
IMG_20200718_143026.jpg
IMG_20200718_104600.jpg

Lancastrian84

May 2, 2020
Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey into SEAT ownership :)

I'm glad the forum has been a big help and it's nice when a lurker turns poster :cool:

Car looks cool by the way.

Cheers,

Scott
It's a slippery slope! Tint film and DSG paddle extensions on order :p

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Welcome mate. Sounds like you’ve been busy! I tried doing the same over a couple of days on mine. Think I’ll do panel by panel over a few weekends next time........

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Lovely motor! 73 bucket wash lol tell me more haha

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Every time I look they've added another bucket to the 'safe wash' method lol.
2 is plenty for me.
I go with 3 as I'm that impulse buyer that just gets stuff because its the 'done' thing haha but 2 was also fine.

Lancastrian84

May 2, 2020
Somehow overnight I've ordered a wiper delete kit, mudflaps (which will probably look sh*t but worth a gamble), light tint, window tint, some more detailing products, fan jets and have front splitters in baskets left right and centre.
I think beer o'clock had something to do with this.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Somehow overnight I've ordered a wiper delete kit, mudflaps (which will probably look sh*t but worth a gamble), light tint, window tint, some more detailing products, fan jets and have front splitters in baskets left right and centre.
I think beer o'clock had something to do with this.
Note the forum cannot be held responsible for beer o'clock purchases haha

Looks like you've got fun times coming soon! Did you got for the heated jets or normal? Who doesn't need more detailing products haha what splitters did you choose? Maxton and trc seem popular

Lancastrian84

May 2, 2020

Looks like you've got fun times coming soon! Did you got for the heated jets or normal? Who doesn't need more detailing products haha what splitters did you choose? Maxton and trc seem popular
Normal jets, don't think my addled mind considered checking if they're heated ones or not!

Lancastrian84

May 2, 2020

The Rieger skinny one looks best to my eyes, yes I want the car to look meaner but I'm not a fan of the poky outy corners on the other options.
Somehow I stopped myself from clicking confirm purchase lol. May keep an eye out for a cheap one for a bit.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The Rieger skinny one looks best to my eyes, yes I want the car to look meaner but I'm not a fan of the poky outy corners on the other options.
Somehow I stopped myself from clicking confirm purchase lol. May keep an eye out for a cheap one for a bit.
Then rear diffuser to match the front lol then new exhaust etc etc haha you're in it now...

Lancastrian84

May 2, 2020
I'm pretty happy with the rear look, subtle enough but still sporty.
Side skirts are a maybe!
The exhaust is loud enough for anyone, except the neighbors ;) and we're going to be doing Cerakote at work soon so maybe just black the tips :cool:
Performance wise I'm happy, no need for me to be ragging the tits off it, it's got enough poke to have fun and annoy the BMW drivers lol. I do 18k miles a year so the less stress on the car the better o_O

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I have 7 plastic buckets!!.............2 for car cleaning and 5 my wife uses for veg storage in the garage.

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastrian84
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise