Help/advice When coming on boost I’m getting a thumping noise (not wheel tramp)

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
I fitted a 034 motor sport lower dog bone mount insert about a year ago to cure the the terrible wheel tramp, which it did well ??, I’ve started to notice when I come off boost and back on quickly I’m getting what feels like a knock or movement in the engine bay. I’ve also noticed the the wheel tramping coming back ?. Is the insert I’ve fitted worn or could it be the other mounts ? Not sure where to start !

Stephen Booth

Nov 3, 2019
Essex
I fitted a 034 motor sport lower dog bone mount insert about a year ago to cure the the terrible wheel tramp, which it did well ??, I’ve started to notice when I come off boost and back on quickly I’m getting what feels like a knock or movement in the engine bay. I’ve also noticed the the wheel tramping coming back ?. Is the insert I’ve fitted worn or could it be the other mounts ? Not sure where to start !
The car is a stock Cupra 290 with 25000 miles on the clock.

R.Bot

Oct 30, 2019
Me also and also insert (forge) I used to experience what I would describe as quite a severe jolt through the car in certain situations/revs, say when lifting off and back on boost through series of corners etc Thought it was related to changing throttle response to direct in carista but didn't seem to be that. I have just put it down to slack in the drivetrain when taking up load being amplified by the insert. I try and be a bit more progressive with the throttle when driving hard. Rarely happens now. Interested to hear anyone elses thoughts though.

Reactions: Stephen Booth
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise