HELP Car reg cloned??

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
Just received in post a prosecution for speeding at a place and time I wasn’t at. Traffic camera clearly shows my car reg and looks the same colour and model from a distance!!!

I think my car has been cloned. Anyone any experiences of this and what to do next ??!!

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
First thing you need to do it report it to the fuzz (and get a reference number). It should flag up on any ANPR then.
Contest the ticket and give them the reference number. Get proof of where you actually were at the time for if it goes to court.

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
Cheers yep have reported and have a ref #. Can’t prove I was at home watching news at 10 on a Sunday night (same time as offence 60 miles away) unless they accept the wife vouching for me ….

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
You can ask for better photos (don't know if they have them or if you'll get them). Explain there are probably specific marks on one or both cars which will prove it's not your car.

Put a little black tape on your front & rear plates (& take photos) so if another fine comes you can instantly prove it's not your car. Not enough tape to be illegal :)

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Cheers yep have reported and have a ref #. Can’t prove I was at home watching news at 10 on a Sunday night (same time as offence 60 miles away) unless they accept the wife vouching for me ….
Can I suggest you post this further than just the Leon MK3 group?

Rob McCool

Sep 15, 2009
Birkenhead
Just received in post a prosecution for speeding at a place and time I wasn’t at. Traffic camera clearly shows my car reg and looks the same colour and model from a distance!!!

I think my car has been cloned. Anyone any experiences of this and what to do next ??!!
I had the same problem a few years ago when I received a speeding ticket from police Scotland in an area I'd never visited.
If you have Google time line on your phone that could show where you where at the time of the alleged incident.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise