Help - need an answer in 15 hours!

Deleted member 7040

Alright guys, sorry to be a pain and post it on this thread but i know you guys can answer this

My front discs and pads are due replacement (got about 5k left at the most)...looking this forum has done my head in. Ive tried searching for a guide on how to fit 312mm audi tt brakes (got an Ibiza FR PD130) and whether they are any good the standard setup (a couple threads say yes and no).

Well thought id have a look around the net and found on ebay this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S6-Brake-calipers-carriers-and-312mm-discs_W0QQitemZ260073944755QQihZ016QQcategoryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Newton Abbot is just up the road from me and it seems to good to be true, questions are... will this fit my 54 plate FR car on the fronts and is it worth it or shall i just stick with 288 and get better pads/discs? Oh if i have this item and fit them what discs would i go for when they are due?

Thanks again guys if you can help!

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Theyd ont look right to me mate...

Im pretty Sure the A6 doesnt have a 5x100 stud pattern (5x114.3 i think?) however the multi studdedness may be universal.

They just dont look like the 312's ive seen lol

Best thing to do is to make sure the Calipers are also 312mm. You can use diff sized calipers on many discs.

Last edited:

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I very much doubt they would fit mate, the top hat on the discs looks too big, the caliper brackeets don't look right, and they look in a pretty shocking state tbh :( i'd save my money matey, sorry.

Deleted member 7040

Thanks guys for posting back, ill leave them well alone and start saving....good things never come cheap!

Actually whilst this thread is going can someone just give their advice whether to spend 300 quid on 312mm audi conversion with normal discs supplied or stick with the 288mm size now but use Red stuff with grooved discs. I dont tend to use the brakes heavily or thrash them but want better stopping ability if i ever need it (country lanes, etc)

thanks again guys!

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
Theyd ont look right to me mate...

Im pretty Sure the A6 doesnt have a 5x100 stud pattern (5x114.3 i think?) however the multi studdedness may be universal.

They just dont look like the 312's ive seen lol

Best thing to do is to make sure the Calipers are also 312mm. You can use diff sized calipers on many discs.

I think its 5x112 Ed, 114.3 tends to be Honda/Subaru etc I think.

Either way not much use!

There's a chap on ukmkiv / ebay called golfturbo (i think) who seems to get loads of the kits straight from audi

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I've upgraded the Ibiza and Passat from 288 to 312s, and aside from remapping it's by far the best mod I've done.

It gives you lots more confidence in the car.

Do it !

By the way, the ones in the Ebay ad look completely wrong, too much disk offset and completely different calipers.

Deleted member 7040

Thanks guys for answering my questions on this, again sorry about the posting in TDIs but didnt want to lose out if the auction could have been a gooden! Ive manage to get my partner to agree to upgrade to 312mm (got a wedding to save up for this year so money is tighter than usual) so im gonna see if any scrap yards in the area might (1 in a million) do the 312mm set. What Audi TT/S3 model am i looking for or are they same through all models? Just wanna double check

banger 115

May 19, 2005
They dont look like the ones i put on mine bud, mine came off an s3.

The carrier and discs like new they were.....:lol:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members