*HELP NEEDED* number plates lights not working

lewisb246

Dec 16, 2018
Hi there new to the forum
I have a 2011 mk2 leon cr fr
I purchased the car a month ago it had NON error free number plate lights fitted so i decided nice easy job il buy some ERROR free bulbs for it .... well that didn't go well
I put the error free ones in and nothing come on tried them various ways etc still no joy so I put the NON error free ones back in that come with the car and see if they come back on well they didn't come back on!
So I though let's eliminate LED's all together get some brand new standard bulbs put them in and still nothing so I plugged vagcom in and got these errors....
I reset the errors turned ignition off and back on and nothing still.

SO I brought some updated LED's which is the whole bulb holder 100% error free I'm told.
Fitted them today and all they do is flash 4 times when I turn ignition on and they don't stay on ???

I'm at a loss any help or advise is appreciated
0203ff661790450baa7f57262222f1c9.jpg
28f9098c76df223d39818cae85cc8ab9.jpg
4771ed85c20e3a697d5c5b0bbbe1c4a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
So the 4 times flash is common with the LEDs I believe its part of the CANBUS checks when the car is turned on, sidelights will do the same.
On your specific issue... I also fitted error free LEDs and they worked for a short while before not coming on, I bought some more and they didnt work at all.

I eventually replaced them with standard bulbs, and they didn't come on straight away I had to leave the car for a while before they worked. I also had to screw the bulb carriers back in as just holding them in place doesn't work.

Ive given up on LED number plate bulbs as they just seem to cause too many issues. I would try normal bulbs and leave them for a while and see if they come back. I was worried id fried something but it turned out to be fine.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Also is that error not for the reversing lights as apposed to the number plate lights?

kevo13

Dec 14, 2018
I ended up buying complete units but with built in LED bulbs. about £20 but havent had single problem since fitting

lewisb246

Dec 16, 2018
Also is that error not for the reversing lights as apposed to the number plate lights?
Yeah it's for reverse light as that is leds same as the rear fog but never had no issue before

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

kevo13

Dec 14, 2018
the units youre showing arent the same as ive got.instead of a bulb you fit in. my units have got i think 18 smd inside . theres also a decoder . never had a problem and so bright

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Can I ask why the fascination with super bright number plate lighting? Followed a few cars like this and some look as if they have reversing lights mounted in the trim pointing straight down.

Jan 17, 2021
Hello, I’m having a similar issue with my car , I tried putting led number plate lights in and they worked but when I went to put the screws back in the kept flickering and making a wee noise I think they completed the circuit and fried something , but I tried to find a fuse but couldn’t find it. I don’t throng the actual plug is getting power anymore.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise