Help needed please, I can't remove speaker terminals on Quadlock!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi, I need advice on how to remove the speaker terminals on the MIB quadlock, I have removed both the pink locking bars and used a tool to push back the barbs on the terminal pins but the terminals refuse to come out!!!
I've tried to use very small instrument screwdrivers and some flat pins and the terminals just won't pull out, anyone got any ideas please? 01 (2).jpg

billman

Dec 20, 2009
You are using pin extractors, right? Push the extractors in and try pulling the cable out with a bit more force. Coding with vcp and vcds is needed.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
You are using pin extractors, right? Push the extractors in and try pulling the cable out with a bit more force. Coding with vcp and vcds is needed.
I did have what I thought was the correct pin extractor tool, had it a long time genuine VW/Audi item but i managed to break it! I've now ordered some from eBay. I'm sure the VCP part is done as I now have the separate subwoofer adjustment in the sound menu and the correct settings in VCDS but i have not enabled them yet.

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Thats not always the case with the sub working properly. Best way to check is when you connect everything is to lift the boot carpet and make sure you don't hear any music coming out from it.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Thats not always the case with the sub working properly. Best way to check is when you connect everything is to lift the boot carpet and make sure you don't hear any music coming out from it.
I don't quite understand what you mean by 'Best way to check is when you connect everything is to lift the boot carpet and make sure you DON'T hear any music coming out from it.' :)

billman

Dec 20, 2009
The two extra speakers, center and subwoofer of the SSS, are connected in the pins where two existing speakers already are. With vcds there is a chance that when you tick the correct option for SSS (9VD) that the subwoofer option will appear in the menu. In my cupra 280 that didn't happen. In a friend of mine with MY19 cupra290 the subwoofer option appeared. However in both cars you could hear music because the correct .zdc file hadn't been downloaded with vcp. When we did that everything worked as it should.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I did have what I thought was the correct pin extractor tool, had it a long time genuine VW/Audi item but i managed to break it! I've now ordered some from eBay. I'm sure the VCP part is done as I now have the separate subwoofer adjustment in the sound menu and the correct settings in VCDS but i have not enabled them yet.
I used this extractor tool pictured here when I did the SSS retrofit:

https://www.carsystems.eu/seat-leon...led-dynamic-turn-lights-plug-play,id2818.html

You can also check the last pages of this topic for more info:

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/th...-forum-has-done-it.421193/page-8#post-4925663

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Finally managed to remove the terminal pins with the extractor tools I ordered, and finished my SSS install. Bit of a hybrid version at the moment as I am using a 10" bass tube in the boot instead of the spare wheel sub.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members