help ! seat belt sensor going off constantly!

catandmat

Nobody in the passenger seat but the seatbelt light and chimes are going on and off constantly. There is nothing at all on the passenger seat and I am wearing my seatbelt when driving but still it goes off. Any suggestions very gratefully received!

Last edited by a moderator:

catandmat

Thank you - how can i do that, should i just take it to the garage?

cv65user

this is a known issue . resolution is to put more foam padding between sensor and seat .

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
How easy/difficult is this as mine has started, I am 99% sure it's the drivers seat, corners and braking are the worst but sometimes it just keeps going!!

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
As nobody has replied and the internet seems very sparse on information (or at least searching vw audi skosa seat seatbelt warning buzzer light etc). Well I got totally pissed off as although having the front plastic off the seat, unclipping the upholstery fixing and getting my hand right under the foam did solve the issue for 10 minutes it started doing it again on every medium to hard left hand bend/turn. I thought fk this for a game of marbles and unplugged the 2 wire plug that is found at the front right of the seat under that little flap of carpet. It is now ding fking ding ding ding free and a pleasure to drive again. From some technical information and seeing an ex VAG mechanic he is fairly confident the side airbags will still go off if I am hit, tbh I don't care that much, none of my other cars had them.

I took it to Mr Sponges for a clean (or as I like to call it "going for a few more swirl marks") and then got back and gave it a much needed vacuum and vinyl clean, looks beaut and while cleaning I found the "glovebox" under the passenger seat, never knew it was there, only had car 3.5 years, thick twit I am.

Stylance

Stylance
Apr 6, 2011
Ashford kent
Unclip it under the seat boss, did it on the passenger one when fitted my cupra seats .. Cans of monster used to set them off, no lights show up on dash , good luck

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.