Hi - Formentor on order!

tedman

May 11, 2021
Dorset
Hi, I placed my order last week 13 May, plain white VZ2 310, petrol blue nappa. They've told me it'll be mid-October (14 weeks), which'll make the months go quickly hopefully!
I placed mine for exactly the same model and colour as yours on the 7th May and was told end of September. We shall see! Anyone know when we can expect build weeks

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
Just been told that my delivery date has been put back by 8 weeks due to the shortage of chips. now its looking inti November.

Langlord

Jun 14, 2021
Hi all

Joined this forum as I have just ordered for lease a Graphene Formentor 310hp VZ2.

Currently in a Tarraco Excellence First Edition Plus 2.0TSI 190 DSG, in boring silver, that's going to webuyanycar when I get the keys to the cupra!

Quite when that will be not even the leasing broker knows, as this chip issue has halted the Martorell factory I believe. Probably August I've been told!

Will post pics when I get it. No options besides the Graphene Special Metallic paint! And I went for black leather not blue for the full monochrome look!

Really excited!
If you have not sold the car already, by all means check on webuyanycar, but dont sell to them.

Instead I would recommend using a site like Wizzle where lots of dealers bid on the car and you are far more likely to get a higher price. I have used them many times and its be brilliant (typically I have achieved 5-10% above tradein/webuyany car).

It might also be worth touching base with your dealer as most buying departments are desperate for cars at the moment as there is simply no stock on the forecourts.

Of course selling privately is how you may get the best price but lots of people dont like doing that.

Reactions: butterycrumpet

butterycrumpet

Dividing by zero
Apr 28, 2021
Cheshire, UK
If you have not sold the car already, by all means check on webuyanycar, but dont sell to them.

Instead I would recommend using a site like Wizzle where lots of dealers bid on the car and you are far more likely to get a higher price. I have used them many times and its be brilliant (typically I have achieved 5-10% above tradein/webuyany car).

It might also be worth touching base with your dealer as most buying departments are desperate for cars at the moment as there is simply no stock on the forecourts.

Of course selling privately is how you may get the best price but lots of people dont like doing that.
I followed your advice - except used Motorway instead (same idea as Wizzle)
Managed to get 25000 for the car with 20k miles on it, 2 years old! That's only 4k less than I paid for it as an ex-demo 18 months ago!!

Due to delays with the lease order of the Formentor I am now car-less luckily my partner has a car so we are using that between us!!

tedman

May 11, 2021
Dorset
I have now cancelled my factory order with Nationwide and received a full refund of the fees. I can’t be bothered to wait anymore.

going back on the company car scheme and ordering an in-stock Ford Kuga PHEV.

good luck all!

Reactions: CupraNewboy
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise