Hi guys

Dec 24, 2021
Hi all pick up a 2018 Leon Cupra 290 today. Traded in a nice 2017 Octavia Vrs not totally sure have done the right thing but time will tell. The wife loves the Vrs but wants an auto so went to see what they had and went for the DSG in the Cupra as a choice. The Octavia has been a brill car and ill be sad to see it go. was remapped to 310 and went really well but destroyed the clutch which i hear isn't uncommon on the these cars. Also was very aggressive on acceleration especially in the wet where grip was never available. So the Dsg seems the way forward. And the one thing i noticed was just how much grip the Cupra had over the Vrs on a damp test drive. Next to no wheel spin at all awesome. Fingers crossed she will be a winner for the wife or I'm in the dog house lol!. Look forward to getting to know the car and the forum stay safe Matt.

Dec 24, 2021
Welcome and congrats on the car!

Cheers,

Scott
Thanks matey so far so good the dsg I'm impressed with and not worried about the chocolate clutch. The vrs ate its clutch at 16k skoda said fair wear and tear 😢. Wasn't worn out just slipped and polished.

• Wow
Reactions: Syphon

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks matey so far so good the dsg I'm impressed with and not worried about the chocolate clutch. The vrs ate its clutch at 16k skoda said fair wear and tear 😢. Wasn't worn out just slipped and polished.
Welcome.

The way I read our post, you got a DSG, so chocolate clutch isn't an issue :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.