High pitched whining from fan blower

Nov 11, 2020
Hi All

Newbie here. Bought a Toledo 2016 MkIV 1.2 TSI from an approved dealer. Lovely car but once the fan is on in the cabin, there is a horrendous high pitched whine at all speeds on the fan. As soon as I turn the recirculation on, the whining stops. Could it be an issue with the pollen filter?
Too it back to the dealer, they can't seem to hear it. Took to another SEAT garage near me, same thing. They can't seem to hear it but they do say that a high pitch whine is a characteristic of the car? Tempted to return it under the 30 day return policy. It's a lovely car for what I need, shame to take it back. Just wondering if anyone has an idea what could be wrong and I could remedy myself.

Cheers
crofty15

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Never experienced it on my 2014 or 2017. Clearly not a feature then.

Unlike the badly fitted door seals that roar. That's defo a feature?

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
My daughter's car whistles on the higher fan settings but as you don't use them very often it's not that big a deal.

It could be something caught in the tubes or an ill fitting connection in there, something like that. The problem is that without taking the damn thing apart you're not finding it.

Taking your car to the dealer to find a fault is like asking your dog to help with the crossword. They have neither the brains, nor the inclination for it.

Reactions: '& Son' managed

Leonoralhambra

Feb 7, 2017
Getting the same on my 2007 Leon wonder if the bearings in one of the fans is going so trying to replace fans. Switch the fan off and it goes. Cannot hear it when the radio is on so not too loud at the moment. Suspect I will have to take to to bits to find what's causing it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise