How to be patient

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Hello,

I only ordered my Formentor VZ2 last month and not even got my confirmed build date yet with an early estimated delivery date of JULY 2023!!! God help me
@Mcballsvz2 - welcome to the forum. I would say in ‘normal’ times, you probably wouldn’t have a confirmed build date a month after ordering.

Lead times of 12 months or longer seems to be the norm these days - not just with Seat, but with quite a few other car manufacturers too.

Reactions: Seriously?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
@Mcballsvz2 - welcome to the forum. I would say in ‘normal’ times, you probably wouldn’t have a confirmed build date a month after ordering.

Lead times of 12 months or longer seems to be the norm these days - not just with Seat, but with quite a few other car manufacturers too.
Or not at all - Ford are currently not taking any new factory orders for either Fiesta or new Focus.

Reactions: SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Or not at all - Ford are currently not taking any new factory orders for either Fiesta or new Focus.

I’m an occasional lurker over on the Fiesta ST forum and there’s been quite a lot of discussion of late over there of Ford having stopped production of the 3 door ST. Seems that even existing pipeline orders aren’t being honoured; orders are being switched to 5 door models and standard spec of cars is being downgraded because of ongoing semiconductor supply issues. Some forum members who’ve ordered don’t know if their cars will be built at all before Ford stops Fiesta production permanently and switch their focus to building EV’s.

Reactions: Seriously?
Aug 30, 2022
Hello all,

Thank you for the replies.

I was looking at multiple SUV type vehicles, Kia have suspended orders for the Sportage PHEV but annoyingly seeing a lot of new Tucson's on my drives which was my other option.

The 9months Bear mentioned gives me hope, just hope China doesn't invade Taiwan as that'd be game over for these chips I think.

Reactions: Tell

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Feeling smug my V2 only took 11 weeks :cool:

The Tiguan I cancelled after almost year was still without a build date.

imran999

Mar 20, 2022
My dealer estimates end of september for mine. Which will make it 6 months since ordering. V2.

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
Hello,

I only ordered my Formentor VZ2 last month and not even got my confirmed build date yet with an early estimated delivery date of JULY 2023!!! God help me
My VZ2 245 Hybrid was ordered in July 2021 and latest ETA stock date is end of March 2023! Mad times.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.