How to remove the door lock actuator?

pyro

May 31, 2018
Hampshire
Hi everyone,

My passenger door started not opening from the outside, then it could be opened anytime and wouldn't lock with the remote. I'm trying to change the lock actuator but for the life of me I can't work out how to remove the last cable, does anyone know the trick?

The cable is attached to a hook on the rear side of the body. You can see it on the replacement one I have, It looks like it should slide out but it doesn't feel like it's moving, coupled with limited space to get your hand on it, I can't work it out just by studying them both.
PXL_20220122_170257475.jpg
PXL_20220122_170316733.jpg

Thanks in advance

pyro

May 31, 2018
Hampshire
Update, I managed to do it. These helpful German guys were doing the same thing and I could see how they did it.

You unscrew the bolt which holds in the small part of the outer door handle found under a cover just above where the actuator bolts into the door, which then allows the big part to pull up where you can release it from that side, not the hook in my photos.

I even managed to get the window runners realigned.

The symptoms of this problem were the door not being openable from outside, or locking from the key. But inside handle always worked. It turns out you need to replace the door lock actuator as above. One thing to make sure of if you order one is the connector, which can be 8 or 9 pins. Mine was 8 and is a RHD UK car.

stephen

Dec 4, 2018
did my rear driver side yesterday. just did a straight swap of motor. 10mins did it. lost the cable clamp in the door, but it holds the cable fine without it. bought it about 1 year ago and its been not working for longer than than. had done the oil trick, but its always stops in my eyes

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members