How to short cut some of the important settings before you Drive Leon Cupra MK4 -23 Plate

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
Just took delivery after waiting nearly a year for a Leon Cupra Mk4 245 TSI so can someone point me inthe right direction regarding having to reset /turn off the rubbish additions that come with it .

1........... Stop/Start seems easy as there is a method on the screen before start up
2.......... Drive Mode Sport/Cupra blah blah why the hell does the car not remember each time to stop Ok there is a short cut on screen but you still need to choose which one
3......... Lane Assist ( or what ever ) again resets its self :poop: ok found a button on stearing wheel on left then click ok on right by the time you have done that you have rear ended someone :cop:
4......... Heating /Aircon always on another load of scrolling though ......................Help
5 ........ Vertual assistant keeps asking me randon questions How /Why ?

The above is only a few things after my first drive today

Get in car / Press buttons /Go through pre drive checks and set up /Bored getting a taxi

Will a OBD 11 get rid of all the crap and either turn off the nanny **** or at least remember what it was doing after you turned off

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
OBD can turn off lane assist (and the warning that pops up when it’s disabled).

Assistant is a PITA unless you turn off voice activation (it’s in the menus somewhere, just need to find it).

if anyone knows of a way to turn on heating sync by default let me know…

Start/stop is disabled if you put the gearbox into sport mode.

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
OBD can turn off lane assist (and the warning that pops up when it’s disabled).

Assistant is a PITA unless you turn off voice activation (it’s in the menus somewhere, just need to find it).

if anyone knows of a way to turn on heating sync by default let me know…

Start/stop is disabled if you put the gearbox into sport mode.
Hi Alex

So the cost of the OBD against peace of mind Heating can live with at the mo the voice activation is funny as not sure what words it picks up to activate

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
Genuinely interested if anyone actually likes lane assist? I know it has to be set to on due to over reaching regulations, but is it for people who don't actually like driving?

Had it on an A3 and only found it to be dangerous when it lost track of the lines to follow usually when turbing off onto a slip road and it decided to try and take me back onto the motorway.

I will be getting and OBD11 when my cupra arrives and getting it to remember the last setting used, which will always be off!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
Genuinely interested if anyone actually likes lane assist? I know it has to be set to on due to over reaching regulations, but is it for people who don't actually like driving?

Had it on an A3 and only found it to be dangerous when it lost track of the lines to follow usually when turbing off onto a slip road and it decided to try and take me back onto the motorway.

I will be getting and OBD11 when my cupra arrives and getting it to remember the last setting used, which will always be off!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I agree the feeling I thought it was like trying to steer through Jelly plus I like to be incontrol not some AI Chip .Do you think a OBD11 will do that ? So it will turn off stop/start and also remember Drive ie sport/Cupra Etc and the lane assist

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
There is a good thread hear on OBD11, see comment #9. Hopefully this link works!

Last edited:

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
VCDS (or similar) can definitely change lane assist to remember last setting. I have done it on my 71 plate.

My car remembers the drive setting though? Don't think I changed anything to make it do this. I do use individual though so maybe that's why.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I can understand why people don't like lane assist and the like, but what's the downside of stop start. I'd also presume that the AC whilst on , would surely only operate when you are reducing the temps... Maybe it always dehumidifies but I dunno why that would be the case.