I have a problem with my DSG

Aug 22, 2020
I’ve got a bit of a problem with my dsg transmission. Just then I did 3/4 throttle in first gear and as I changed it into second the car jolted me forward for a second and then slammed it into second gear and drove like normal. Like the transmission locked up and then went into second. Bearing in mind I did this manual mode. It’s happened twice now, First one happened a month or 2 ago and wasn’t that violent but this one was worse.

Would really appreciate any ideas you guys would have and if people know any places in South Wales that can look at this? Much appreciated.

I have a 2012 facelift seat ibiza fr with the 1.4 twincharger engine and a dsg transmission.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I’ve got a bit of a problem with my dsg transmission. Just then I did 3/4 throttle in first gear and as I changed it into second the car jolted me forward for a second and then slammed it into second gear and drove like normal. Like the transmission locked up and then went into second. Bearing in mind I did this manual mode. It’s happened twice now, First one happened a month or 2 ago and wasn’t that violent but this one was worse.

Would really appreciate any ideas you guys would have and if people know any places in South Wales that can look at this? Much appreciated.

I have a 2012 facelift seat ibiza fr with the 1.4 twincharger engine and a dsg transmission.
Better posting in the Biza section for more chance of a reply. My twinchargers before the Leon never did this so can not comment.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members