Ibiza 2014 Garmin - Music and Bluetooth

Nov 15, 2021
Hi All,

I've just bought a 2014 Seat Ibiza which comes with the Garmin Portable System on the dash.

I'm having problems playing music. If I play through Bluetooth it keeps stopping and starting and the song displayed on the Garmin screen does not always match.

Has anyone had any similar problems or know what I might need to do to get it in sync and continuously playing my songs?

I wondered if I need to update the software on the Garmin device, but I couldn't find out how to do that.

Thanks,

Ryan

Nov 15, 2021
When going to media in Bluetooth mode the garmin display is now always stuck on the same song that last worked. Trying to press play and next track on the garmin does nothing. Changing tracks on my phone does not sync and does not play them through the car. Anyone experienced anything like this or know what to do please? I can’t play music at all via Bluetooth now.

Oct 2, 2020
Although Ive not had this exact problem I had issues when 2 phones were set up on the garmin. The music was stuttery and cut out. I solved this by just having one phone connected. Also might be worth making sure the connections In the cradle are clean and connected properly. Try clicking the post out and back in again.

Oct 2, 2020
Yes super smooth! Good sound quality and don’t have any crackles or skipping or anything now. I also had stereo sound issues but I figured that was the post wasn’t clicked into the dash properly.

Nov 15, 2021
Good to know it’s not just that all the garmin units don’t work, so hopefully I can get mine working properly! Had a quote to install a top of the range double din display for £1k with all parts and labour

Nov 15, 2021
Just unplugged and plugged the stalk back in and deleted the other phone off. Seemed to be working perfectly playing music through Bluetooth but after two minutes of driving it pauses... I press play and it works then after a short while pauses again. Seem to be having similar problems when playing music through the aux port too

Feb 19, 2022
I haven’t found a fix I’m afraid… it’s got worst where the music also cuts out when using the aux cable now
Hi is there any updates on this? I’ve got a Seat Ibiza Toca 2014 with a Garmin sat nav and seem to be having the same issue where it either doesn’t connect to my iPhone or when it does on the rare occasion it freezes when songs are played like a scratched CD. It’s very frustrating as I only got the car last year. Wondered if you had it checked out or found the cause? Thanks

Nov 15, 2021
Hi is there any updates on this? I’ve got a Seat Ibiza Toca 2014 with a Garmin sat nav and seem to be having the same issue where it either doesn’t connect to my iPhone or when it does on the rare occasion it freezes when songs are played like a scratched CD. It’s very frustrating as I only got the car last year. Wondered if you had it checked out or found the cause? Thanks
Hi, I still get the same problem as this. Aux is better than Bluetooth but still happens. So I haven’t found a fix I’m afraid

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.