Ibiza Mk4 Tdi pd130 sport

JohnnyRob

Jul 3, 2016
Hi - I've just bought a 2004 Tdi pd130 5 door Ibiza sport in LC9Z black magic, to replace my Mk4 GTTdi 130pd Golf. Can't believe how quick the Ibiza is and how frugal it is compared to the Golf. I think it has been remapped but alas it has no service history...so who knows. I have VAGCOM which apparently you can use to tell if it's been remapped...

The front wings have the usual rust issue, but that is the only fault. I'll get new wings sprayed & fitted and will then, once refurbished, fit my mille miglia 17 Porsche turbo twists which were destined for the Golf.

Just a shame that the Ibiza doesn't share the same seat anchorage as the Golf. Replacement seat options seem rather limited. I had some lovely Audi half leather recaros which would have been nice to keep. I'll have to settle on just the twisties, then.

I like the look of the FR front bumper, so that is on the wish list. I also gave some aftermarket hids that are B5.5 / Mk4 golf fit, so might just see if they are compatible with the Ibiza.

The Ibiza benefits from the optional (as far as I can tell) chrome centre consol surround, which is nice. Shame it has keep fit windows to the rear. This might be due to the fact that it was originally supplied in the republic of Ireland.

The last SEAT I had was a 1988 Ibiza 1.2 (in the mid 90s). All I shall say is this is a different beast. VW was a very good influence...

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.