Immobiliser Problem

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Help, dont know if related or just co-incidence...

Have a 2001 Cupra, with original alarm and Laserline Keyfob immobiliser...

Went to use code reader today and plugged into OBD port, then went to turn ignition on but Immobilser would not reset?

Now car wont start as Laserline keyfob will not disarm immobiliser....As far as i knew the immobiliser (laserline) was stand alone to car system and just cuttoff fuel and ignition?

Ive tried disconnecting battery to no joy!
Car now immobilised.....Bloomin get fed up with this car!!!!!

What i dont know is it something i've done with fault code reader?
Just coincidence that immobiser now Wont work?
Has keyfob lost its code somehow?

Any help advice please? :whistle:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The factory transponder immobilizer wont stop the car starting, they start then cut out. So if its not starting at all id suspect the Laserline system.

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Yep i'm guessing its the Laserline system, but just wondered if i'd caused it by plugging in OBD lead had caused it somehow (or though dont know how!!)

Was thinking of just getting new immobiliser (laserline) fitted , but assume its hard wired rather than plug n play!

Cheers :confused:

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Is there something wrong with the factory immobilizer?

Hi as far as i know factory immobiser is fine?, but i cant get passed the Laserline after market one at moment! It will not disarm with Key fob, The laserline one cuts power to dash and fuel etc until disarmed then the std one will take over with chip in keyfob as far as im aware?

Prob gonna remove laser line one asap and then be on std until get new one fitted!

It was just all a co-incidence it happened after trying to read OBD port.:blink:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Must be a coincedence, I wondered more why you felt additional security was required over the standard immobilizer thats all.

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Must be a coincedence, I wondered more why you felt additional security was required over the standard immobilizer thats all.

Not my doing unfortunately was fitted by previous owner :cry:

Not had chance to invest yet, but hopefully morrow. ;)

evokid

Aug 28, 2009
Ok thankfully easy fix on this one!!!

Found a connector to LED/Keyfob base disconnected which magically reconnected now starts!! Hooray

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.