Infotainment system.

Chromedome

Apr 12, 2023
Evening guys. Been a while since i posted.

I have a mk 4 Leon and have had some glitchy issues on and off since getting the car in January this year. Android auto wouldn't fully load (did manage to sort this one), and randomly rebooting for no reason. I did have it back to my Seat dealer but they "found no issues".
Well today my Android auto wireless connection decided to just not work but only in my car. I did try my cable and that worked fine. I have a S22 ultra and it doesnt quite fit in the console recess with the cable attached so im worried about damaging the charge port. I work at a car dealership and i know for a fact that wireless works in other vehicles. I tried in a F Pace Jag just 20 mins previously with no issues. My question is this

Has anyone had this issue and have they resolved it in anyway?

TIA

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
That’s about the time it was released, so your dealer may have been right at time. Should be able to get it bumped up to 1940 easily now though. The reboot issue is pretty well known and has an advisory out for it.

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
Myself and another user had an issue with our S22 Ultra sporadically disconnecting from wireless Android Auto, even with 1940.

He ended up upgrading to an S23 and that was fine, mine seems to have sorted itself and has been flawless for the last couple of months. So I assume it was an issue with the software on the phone.

As others have said get the car bumped to 1940 (Settings->Software information will show your current version) and then ensure your S22 has the latest update from Samsung.

If the dealer tries fobs you off, just over emphasise the random reboots to the point it's unusable or try another Sear/Cupra dealer. It's such a well known issue most won't quibble.

Hopefully that will sort your issues.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
It's always easier to assume it's the phone being the problem first, rather than the car. Try a different phone and if that works then you may need to factory reset yours, it could be just an update has changed or mangled a security setting.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members