Inner Tyre Wear (fronts)

storeyd

Newcastle
Jul 5, 2006
Newcastle
I am just about to put F1's on the front to match the backs and I noticed how bad the inner edge has worn when I was doing an oil change.

There's about 2mm on the outside edge, so at a glance they look ok. But the inside has worn that low, that there is no tread and you can now see the blue inner lining!!!

I have read on here that it could be towing or maybe the tracking/alignment. Nobody was really sure in a previous thread.

Can someone who has had this problem give me a definite answer on how to solve it? Not theory please.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Just make sure that when you get it done they use quality Laser Alignment equipment.

I had tracking done on a previous car, and they didn't have Laser, and was still out after the job.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
unfortunately uneven tyre wear is not something that has a definitive answer as there are lots of things that can cause it, easiest candidate to fix is the tracking.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
What tyres are fitted at the moment, that you're changing for the F1's? If the standard Pirellis, uneven tyre wear is fairly common, even if the tracking is setup correctly.

Still get it checked, but just don't be surprised if it's fine :)

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
If you get your tracking looked at, make sure you get it done when you have your new tyres fitted or very shortly afterwards. I've found that when having the wheels alligned on (part) worn tyres and then changed to new tyres, the tracking was still out.