Install trip computer?

Erbium

Nov 10, 2004
Hi, I bought an mk4 Ibiza 1.4TDi fresc. This level of equipment doesn't have trip computer and I want to install it. I think it's possible but is it easy? Some links showing the process? What do I have to do? Buy the instrument cluster, make the conections and...?

Thanks for the help. ;)

Erbium

Nov 10, 2004
I'm sure. I don't know how it is in UK but in Portugal the ibiza "reference" and the "fresc" don't have it.
For example on the left LCD on the rpm's I justa have the clock and the temperature...

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
in spain the referance has rev counter and trip computor! thats really bizarre! probably the spaniards being :censored: because of the age old rivalry with portugal :happy:

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
i really dunno, but the references i saw in the dealer all had trip comp and rev counter! i think it would be quite and awkward and expensive thing to add! but who knows

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I think Erbium would know by now if he did have one ;)

Tell-tale sign would not only be the display, but the buttons on the end of the stalk.

Not sure if anyone will know on here, but we're pretty clued up on other stuff so hang around, good to see peeps from other countries :)

kiwi_cordy

Jul 26, 2005
might be easier to install gps ;) get your journey distance on there :)

my mk2 impact didnt have one either :)

Triple D

My old 1.4 sx didnt have one as i think they only come standard on the SE, FR & CUPRA.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise