Installing VCDS Lite on Windows 7 64bit

JamJay

California Bound
Hi all, I wonder if you can help.

I am trying to install VCDS Lite on Windows 7 64bit to test its features before spending the big money on the real thing . I downloaded the genuine VCDS Lite from Ross-Tech for HEX, KEY & Micro CAN interfaces to be used on a 2003 SEAT Leon Cupra R 1M with AMK engine. I purchased a cable from EBAY which I have used previously on my car briefly on a borrowed laptop, so I know it works although the OS of that laptop was Windows XP.

Now, the issue I have is that although I can install the driver from the CD provided with the cable and test the LEDs while connected to the car, VCDS recognises that a cable is plugged into COM4 (in this case) but does on recognise the interface. The cable is properly connected to the laptop and car but I cannot get paseed the 'Test' stage of the configuration. I have tried other COM ports but I have the same result.

I have now uninstalled VCDS and the driver for the cable, so what can I do now to get this to work?

Thanks.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
As Armo said, follow the guide. It shows how to move it to COM2 which has always worked for me. COM4 has always been useless for me, I think my laptop modem nabs that when it boots up. The older software used to be able to recognise any device on a port, and it comes back with 'port status ok'. But only the port that has the lead on it brings back the 'interface found' message, and that's what you need to complete the test.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
All I did was install it as normal and then:- right click VCDS > properties > compatability > tick the check box for : run this program in compatability mode for Windown XP (service pack 3).

Hope that helps.