Instrument lighting question

italianjob

Oct 21, 2014
Middlesbrough
When I move the headlight switch to the first position (sidelights?!?), should the instrument
binnacle be illuminated?? All of the centre console is illuminated along with the door switches/lights, foot-well etc..

They speedo/rev counter section only illuminates when the switch is in the second position. It's a bit crap at the moment with dark mornings/evenings!

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
There's been a few (frustrated) threads on this very subject.

Seems this is a 'safety' feature by means of forcing you to turn your dipped beam on when in low light conditions. There's a sensor which (I think) is on the rev counter in the area between the mid point of the oil temp and the centre of the needle.

I can't say it's ever bothered me but some folk seem to be quite irate about it….

italianjob

Oct 21, 2014
Middlesbrough
I've only had this car a couple of days, I'm sure my 184 had the instrument lighting when on the 1st switch position!?!?!?

I can live with it as longs as it's not a 'fault', it's just something I noticed immediately going from one car to the other.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I think it was a my16 change that the dial lights only illuminate when the headlights are on

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.