Insurance?!

P6THX

Mar 27, 2013
Exeter, Devon.
Before i bought my LCR i was getting insurance quotes for around 1400-1500. That was about 2 weeks ago...
Well my insurance is due at the end of this month and cheapest i can find now is 1900?! How the hell do they work that out?

Dave :)

Dec 25, 2009
Think quotes should be valid for 28 days, you tried - Greenlight, Adrian Flux, Brentacre, Need to Insure, HIC etc?

Last edited:

joshmorris

Feb 20, 2013
happens all the time, prices can differ greatly from day to day, even time of day can alter the price.

if you can get a reference number for the cheaper quotes you got ring them and give them the quote number, its valid for 45 days i think (may vary with diff companies)

Hay1209

Before i bought my LCR i was getting insurance quotes for around 1400-1500. That was about 2 weeks ago...
Well my insurance is due at the end of this month and cheapest i can find now is 1900?! How the hell do they work that out?

Ouch!!!! I've got the lcr mk1 modded and I'm only paying £400! I'm with Sheila's wheels as at the time was cheapest for me by far! I tend to go on confused.com get quotes then ring Sheila's wheels up (who I've been with for 5 years now) and say this company beats yours so I won't renew somehow they also seem to be able to beat it! X

P6THX

Mar 27, 2013
Exeter, Devon.
Ouch!!!! I've got the lcr mk1 modded and I'm only paying £400! I'm with Sheila's wheels as at the time was cheapest for me by far! I tend to go on confused.com get quotes then ring Sheila's wheels up (who I've been with for 5 years now) and say this company beats yours so I won't renew somehow they also seem to be able to beat it! X

Bear in mind im 19... 2 years no claims. Its the cheapest by miles compared to any other company.

I rang them today and they said they are happy to take the old quote at 1535.75 even though it expires before my renewal.

:)

Derekm2104

Aug 16, 2011
Always found my insurance company better to deal with over the phone. One year I nearly halved my insurance by phoning them about the renewal. The fact I hate my insurance company makes them much better to deal with lol.

AlexCupra180

insurance companies don't tend to like this:

DSC_0052_zps6e9dc624.jpg.html
[/IMG]

P6THX

Mar 27, 2013
Exeter, Devon.
1535 is very cheap for a 19 year old on a LCR.

I know lol :) but the fact i got wuotes for around 1500 then a week or 2 later they were nearly 2grand. Luckily theyve agreed to take my first quote even though it would have expired by the time i renew (just over the 30 days)

al-jam01

I've just done mine at £271 on my LCR, do have age on my side tho (33) but strangely it's over £100 cheaper to insure my old 307 hdi......

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Clear all your internet cookies and history and try again. They store cookies so that if you have been looking around a lot it wont get cheaper. This may just be a conspiracy theory but it worked for my house insurance!

MasserS

Apr 13, 2011
North West
forget the age 21 or 25 thing.
these days you get access on your actual age, the old system of seeing a bug reduction at 21 and 25 doesnt happen anymore

I think there is still an advantage as I know at 21 I qualified for twice as many insurance companies, meaning im with a company now which dont insure u21's.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.