Insurance

Paulr23

Jan 14, 2019
So guys and girls...

Wonder if anyone can recommend some insurance, put my interest in for a cupra 290 hatchback and running some insurance quotes at the moment. My insurance company atm (esure) are quoting me around £350 extra for 4 months (expires in july). Car is apparently not expected to be here till end of may so I'll just pay whatever the additional is to get 4 years NCB...

Anyone had any good experience with insurers? I'm in Essex and putting quotes through now for 4 years NCB and its coming up at around £700-800, unsure if that's extortionate or not really. Absolutely livid because someone crashed into me almost 2 years ago and wasnt my fault at all and it affects my insurance premium by £150-200 which is an absolute joke.

Thanks,
Paul

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Have you tried direct line? Mine was around £300 a year for my old fr mk2, got my cupra 280 last month and was only an extra an £60 for the remaining 9 months.

Someone hit me a 18 months ago too, doesn’t seem to have affected my insurance tbh..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Just had a renewal from Swiftcover for £338 fully comp with protected no claims for a year on my Sub8

Last edited:

Paulr23

Jan 14, 2019
Have you tried direct line? Mine was around £300 a year for my old fr mk2, got my cupra 280 last month and was only an extra an £60 for the remaining 9 months.

Someone hit me a 18 months ago too, doesn’t seem to have affected my insurance tbh..

How many years Ncb you got and how old are you?

Tried to put a quote in through direct line and said it couldn't do a quote on me. Maybe cause I'm not gonna be the car owner will be the lease company?

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Could be, I’m 29 and I think I have about 7 or 8 yeRs NCB. All my cars have been in my name so not sure if leasing will make any difference or not.

Paulr23

Jan 14, 2019
Could be, I’m 29 and I think I have about 7 or 8 yeRs NCB. All my cars have been in my name so not sure if leasing will make any difference or not.

Yeh I'm the same I'm 29 .. with 4 years. Doubt leasing would have anything to do with it but I dunno.

Just seems crazy I'm being quoted over double the price of you

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire

I got quoted £360 for the year if I take out new, my new car turns up tomorrow and ringing up to swap over, unsure on the cost but I’m 31 with 3 coming on 4 years no claims. I should have over 10 years but went traveling for over 2 years and they cancelled out if you don’t have conceutive insurance! Annoying. My Golf gti was £260 for the year. (66 plate)

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Yeh I'm the same I'm 29 .. with 4 years. Doubt leasing would have anything to do with it but I dunno.

Just seems crazy I'm being quoted over double the price of you

@Paulr23; Leasing shouldn’t make any difference.

Insurers use multiple risk factors when they calculate a premium. So two people of the same age driving the same type of car can have very different premiums as they can represent very different risks to the insurance company when other factors such as those below are taken into account;
  • your address/ postcode
  • car make and model
  • where the car is garaged
  • whether the car is modified
  • your occupation
  • your marital status
  • number of years driving experience
  • number of years no claims discount you have
  • the number of additional drivers on your policy and their driving experience
  • the age of the youngest driver covered under the policy
  • your estimated annual mileage
  • vehicle use (i.e. whether restricted to social, domestic and pleasure only or whether commuting or business use are also to be included)
  • the amount of voluntary excess you may have chosen
.............the list goes on, as they will be other risk factors that insurers use in addition to the above.

So there could be good reasons why the premium you’ve been quoted is more than double that of @ray.

Paulr23

Jan 14, 2019
@Paulr23; Leasing shouldn’t make any difference.

Insurers use multiple risk factors when they calculate a premium. So two people of the same age driving the same type of car can have very different premiums as they can represent very different risks to the insurance company when other factors such as those below are taken into account;
  • your address/ postcode
  • car make and model
  • where the car is garaged
  • whether the car is modified
  • your occupation
  • your marital status
  • number of years driving experience
  • number of years no claims discount you have
  • the number of additional drivers on your policy and their driving experience
  • the age of the youngest driver covered under the policy
  • your estimated annual mileage
  • vehicle use (i.e. whether restricted to social, domestic and pleasure only or whether commuting or business use are also to be included)
  • the amount of voluntary excess you may have chosen
.............the list goes on, as they will be other risk factors that insurers use in addition to the above.

So there could be good reasons why the premium you’ve been quoted is more than double that of @ray.
Appreciate it. Annoying though :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.