Intercooler to ASV pipe not going back in?

Emberrs

May 9, 2018
Hi all, having a slight issue with my 06 tdi fr with the bmn engine getting the intercooler boost pipe back into where It connects to the asv, i took it off to give the egr and asv a good clean but with the egr, egr pipe and asv all fitted back up I find out I cant get the pipe back in, I originally thought it just took a fair bit of force and some silicone grease but that doesnt seem to work, I've tried without the green o ring and it fits fine but with it there is no chance, the o ring is the green 61mm internal diameter one and looks fine but since it goes in fine without it I'm starting to think it's something wrong with the o ring, does anyone know where I can buy a new o ring and/or if anyone has had any experience with this and tricks to get it back in?

Thanks all,

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I think it is just a tight fit I vaguely remember the same issue on my pd170 audi a3

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Emberrs

May 9, 2018
I tried brute force last weekend and didnt manage it but gave it a go today after smearing a good amount of silicone grease on the o ring and the part of the asv where it slides in and with a bit of heaving it popped in with a satisfying click.

Thanks all for the advice.

Robbo86

Jul 19, 2019
UK
I had this problem and it was because although the o-ring looked fine, it was falling out of the groove when putting the pipe back in. I boiled it in some water for a couple of minutes to remove any oil and s##t and then it all went back together very easily

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.