Interior LED mods

W44DUP

May 17, 2016
West Sussex
Hi Guys

Has anyone swapped out the drivers/passenger reading lights/footwell light to LED's. If so can you recommend a website link?

I think this straightforward mod would definitely enhance the interior.

Not sure how easy it would be to replace the front reading lights so any guidance would be appreciated!

Very simple to change reading lights. I replaced front & rear reading lights, vanity mirror lights, glove compartment, boot and footwell bulbs to LED with no issues. (Takes about 15 mins)

I replaced rear number plate bulbs and did get issues (slightly unrelated to this topic, but apparently you can buy error free LEDs for number plate and they still don't work due to the lighting units being in parallel, requiring you to add resistors)

ShubZ

Sep 8, 2016
Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade the interior overhead console lights to LEDs if possible. Are the reading lights just normal 501 fitments?

Also does anyone have any guidance on removing the fascia to the console? I've only had a very quick look but it wasn't obvious to me where the best location to pry it open from would be, as I don't want to damage any of the trim.

Thanks

Deleted member 98136

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade the interior overhead console lights to LEDs if possible. Are the reading lights just normal 501 fitments?

Also does anyone have any guidance on removing the fascia to the console? I've only had a very quick look but it wasn't obvious to me where the best location to pry it open from would be, as I don't want to damage any of the trim.

Thanks

Hi there

Yes they are normal 501 push in type contact fitments.

When I've wanted to gain access to the bulbs i have prised the bulb/switch cover trim off at the side of the cover, note however the trim is a bit flimsy at the sides but is a bit more robust in the actual bulb area as it has a bit more strength in these areas due to the bulb lens being joined to the trim cover.

ShubZ

Sep 8, 2016
Sorry cant find part number as 3 year old But as other post says it I a wedge bulb and you only need one sided ones
These are the only ones I can find but are multisided but should be ok

ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-W5W-T10-501-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-RED-9-LED-COURTESY-LIGHT-BULBS-HID-IL101701-/181818230500?hash=item2a553606e4:g:iE0AAOSw3ydVuefw

What was your experience of these? I've been looking around for some nice red LEDs for the footwells too but am struggling to find anything that looks decent.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.