LED headlight with or without module, please advise

Jul 22, 2023
Hi guys,

I have searched the forum, couldn't find similar question and answers.

I have a failing LED headlight on my seat leon 2013, it's a full led light model, it started by condense water inside, then the main light failed, and now the head light the big light is blinking and failing. I expect it to fully go of in a few days.
Now i have searched online to buy a new or used headlight and came across a problem, they are in 2 types, with or without a module.
So my question to you if you have experienced same problem, is it worth it to buy with a module ?
I dould use the module from the old broken one, but I dont know what is the reason it fails, if it's the led's then the module should be fine and I dont need to buy with module,
but if the leds are mostly ok, then it's the module ? so I'm a bit stuck in making a decision. cause the prise is not cheap, second hand this things are about 500 euro.
and modules are between 100 and 150.
please advise.

thanks in advance.

Jul 22, 2023
for those who is strugling with same issue and have same questions.
my advise

1. just buy new lamp, it's only 580, and original with 3 year warranty.
2. dont go for used because they are mostly broken and without a warranty and cost almost same or even more then an original new lamp.

in my case the water went down to the module because the module is under the lamp, and the water has damaged the insides, it was all corroded, some stupid designer created a lamp with computer module placed under the lamp, i'm guessing he never experianced the water effect, not thinkin what will appen if few drops come in the lamp. any way, if you have condence in your lamp, then it means it's broken, its not sealed anymore correctly and it means it will damage the computer module, so if it's just started you could try to repare it, by opening or pressure testing and closing / sealing it off properly, otherwise it will be gone soon.
much luck, i wish you never have to experiance this, be carefull not tu order the lamp at the dealer, they ask 1400 for it, while the normal parts sellers online sell it for 580, and it's same lamp, same brand original for seat and smae product number and 3 year warranty. so you have been warned.