Intermintant fault on remaped pd150

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
I have recently had my car remaped to 193bhp and 313 ftlb of torque, All has been fine, But recently when accelaring hard in 3rd gear as you go by 3500 reves the needle then sundely drops back down to 3100 with a consequence loss of power, then rapidly climbs again. Is this a fault in my ecu and would it need reseting, Or is my clutch slipping, it is the sensation that the clutch is slipping but i would not of fault the revs would have dropped, this happens in the space of under 2 seconds.

All coments welcome

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
Changed the oil in the car today and took it for a medium hard drive, and yep i think its clutch slip. The revs rapidly rise and then fall then rise again, idicating to me a slipping clutch, oh dear, Not happy as jabba were ment to back of the torque, so much for a custom remap. Think its down to allards for a clutch plate.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Changed the oil in the car today and took it for a medium hard drive, and yep i think its clutch slip. The revs rapidly rise and then fall then rise again, idicating to me a slipping clutch, oh dear, Not happy as jabba were ment to back of the torque, so much for a custom remap. Think its down to allards for a clutch plate.

To be fair to Jabba they might have backed off the torque but without removing your clutch before mapping there is no way to tell what sort of condition it is in and without testing the drive disc they can only guess at what torque to set the map.

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
To be fair to Jabba they might have backed off the torque but without removing your clutch before mapping there is no way to tell what sort of condition it is in and without testing the drive disc they can only guess at what torque to set the map.

Fair point , just a bit pissed off i suppose, Just one of those things, ive been toying the idea of a new clutch for ages, but have not wanted to because i know i wil never stop spending.

Waiting for more people like you to show what can be done on the 2.0 l block then go down that route.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
as you go by 3500 reves the needle then sundely drops back down to 3100 with a consequence loss of power, then rapidly climbs again.
I suspect what is happening - you're driving with your eyes on the road, you feel something "not right" (which is your clutch slipping), and by the time you look at the rev counter, the clutch is starting to bite again and bringing the revs back down to normal - then you feel some proper acceleration.

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Doesnt sound like clutch slip if the revs drop,with your foot planted the revs will red line with no acceleration.Thats clutch silp.

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
Cleaned the car sat, then took it for a spin home and i definiatly think its clutch slip. Revs are rapidly rising and not going anywhere then the clutch bites and away we go. Only thing is this is happening even in 6th.

Going to ring allards monday and book it in.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Cleaned the car sat, then took it for a spin home and i definiatly think its clutch slip. Revs are rapidly rising and not going anywhere then the clutch bites and away we go. Only thing is this is happening even in 6th.

Going to ring allards monday and book it in.
It usually does happen in the higher gears, 4th, 5th and 6th.

Think about it - engine is developing peak torque, high gears are presenting the highest resistance to the engine - so what gives ? The clutch in the middle.

Cran13

Can you get an uprated clutch without spending loads of money?

I'm thinking of a remap, but I also do a bit of towing, and the clutch is one of the things I need to find out about (as well as waiting for the warranty to run out) before I get it done...