Intermittent Bluetooth Connection

Jul 1, 2019
Evening,

I have a Seat Ibiza Toca, 63 plate (2014) model and I am having a frustrating intermittent issue when connecting mobile phones by Bluetooth. I have tried different models of mobile phones and updating the Garmin unit to the latest version. The problem occurs when playing music streamed from any mobile (Spotify) and even just when making a simple telephone call.

Example 1: I get in the car and head off wherever I am going. The phone appears to have connected OK according to the Garmin unit and all seems OK with the audio coming via the car speakers, but then all of a sudden, mid call, the Bluetooth connectivity is lost and the audio returns to the handset. Continuing the conversation from the handset, a few moments later the Bluetooth connectivity will sometimes restore itself and audio will return to the car speakers. This repeats numerous times throughout most calls.

Example 2: I get in the car and head off wherever I am going. The phone appears to have connected OK according to the Garmin unit so I navigate the Media function on the Garmin unit to make sure that the source is Bluetooth and not AUX. Realising that it’s Bluetooth I then select a playlist from the mobile device. All appears to be playing but no audio - the song title is even on the Garmin display. It takes numerous attempts of turning Bluetooth on/off from the mobile device for it to connect properly and play over the cars audio.

Has anybody ever heard of this? It’s so frustrating and surely not right.

I really appreciate any support on offer.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Never bothered with BT music on that Garmin SPS myself. There's a micro - SD slot on it so I have my music in there without needing the BT connection or eating my phone battery.

Reactions: JustJamtastic
Jul 1, 2019
Never bothered with BT music on that Garmin SPS myself. There's a micro - SD slot on it so I have my music in there without needing the BT connection or eating my phone battery.

Fair point. Any issues with Bluetooth calls or connectivity when doing so - and out of interest what model of phone is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ric04vrs

Aug 1, 2016
I think the problems you’re having are pretty standard for the Garmin unit, my unit is a PITA sometimes when playing music, says the phone is connected, but the music is playing out of the phone speaker, I generally just turn the garmin off, then back on, that usually sorts it,
Another thing the Garmin doesn’t like is more than one phone being registered to Bluetooth pair with it, as it tries to connect to the other phone(s) then the music drops out and back on,
You could do a factory reset on the unit, then reconnect your phone only, and see how it goes

Reactions: JustJamtastic
Jul 1, 2019
I think the problems you’re having are pretty standard for the Garmin unit, my unit is a PITA sometimes when playing music, says the phone is connected, but the music is playing out of the phone speaker, I generally just turn the garmin off, then back on, that usually sorts it,
Another thing the Garmin doesn’t like is more than one phone being registered to Bluetooth pair with it, as it tries to connect to the other phone(s) then the music drops out and back on,
You could do a factory reset on the unit, then reconnect your phone only, and see how it goes

I’ll try that, the only downside being it’s a shared second car.

Jul 1, 2019
Samsung S6 Samsung J5 Moto G7 all calls ok but we don't connect more than one phone in the car at a time.

Same. More than one phone has the ability to pair with the Garmin but only one is ever connected at once. Still have issues.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise