• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Jul 29, 2025
1
0
Hi all,

I have a 2020 SEAT Leon MK4 1.5 eTSI DSG with around 62,000 miles, and I’ve been noticing an intermittent grinding or scratching noise during acceleration. It doesn’t happen all the time — maybe a few times a week.

I’ve already taken it to the dealer, but they couldn’t replicate the issue and didn’t identify any faults.

I’ve also posted about it on Reddit, but wanted to see if anyone here has had a similar experience or might have insight into the possible cause.

I’ve recorded a video where the sound is audible at around the 8-second and 12-second marks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/seat/comments/1mc3wld/random_noise_when_accelerating_on_my_leon_dsg_mk4/

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!